Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak me down?

Vancouver Island, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak me down?
    the main JailbreakMe is not really working as of now... not to sure why

so type this in and it will redirect you to the jailbreakme site all in perfect working condition

JailbreakMe

HAPPY JAILBREAKING!!!

(PS. I JUST DOWNGRADED MY 3GS FROM 4.0.2 TO 4.0 NEVER BEEN JAILBROKEN BEFORE WITH NO SHSH BLOBS FROM PREVIOUS FIRMWARES!! IT CAN BE DONE!!)

Thanks

then you have managed to do something that no one else has (restoring back to a firmware that apple is no longer signing without shsh's), you mind sharing with the rest of the world on how you were able to do it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    then you have managed to do something that no one else has (restoring back to a firmware that apple is no longer signing without shsh's), you mind sharing with the rest of the world on how you were able to do it?

+1

Vancouver Island, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks

Yeah I thought it couldn't be done... but i did it, to my amazement to my 3GS, new boot rom. I bought it used from a guy who loaded 4.0.2 on it before i got my hands on it and he said he has never jb it before.

So when i got home, after searching around for a jb method for a good 5 days... i came to a conclusion that its imposable for my specific situation. but that didn't stop me from looking again the next day xD haha

here is how i did it;

1. Open TinyUmbrella and hit SAVE MY SHSH BLOBS (ON 4.0.2) then it said "They have been saved" (I was surprised.. i was just screwing around!)

2.go to start menu an search for a folder in your system called "system32" >> drivers >> etc >> and open the "Host" file in a word pad.
    Place this code under where it says "Localhost" :

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

3. Save that. But your device into DFU/REcovery mode, (hold both buttons down until screen goes black, then let go of the power and continue to hold the home until itunes recognizes it in recovery mode) then Hold shift, hit restore, select 4.0/4.0.1 and BAM your officially downgraded. just let it do its thing then hit up jailbreakme.com/blobs.html (the welcome page is down at the moment but this link WILL work!)

4. DO NOT FORGET TO DELETE THE CODE YOU ADDED TO THE HOST FILE!!! IF YOU DON'T REMOVE IT YOU WONT BE ABLE TO UPDATE YOUR DEVICE VIA ITUNES IN THE FUTURE!!!!

Thanks

the phone must've had shsh's from past JBs

They save your shsh period

Thanks

yea, if you are JB but if someone just purchased a phone that was able to be downgraded. Someone was either JB with it previously or they used tiny umbrella