Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade iPhone 4 4.0.2 no SHSH blobs

Default Downgrade iPhone 4 4.0.2 no SHSH blobs
    Has anyone attempted the method shown in this kids video? It seems sketchy, but there are people commenting, claiming it worked for them. What does everyone think?

http://=http://www.youtube.com/watch...wngrade part 2

Is it only for Mac?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, only Mac. Still viewing, though, looks interesting.

For those who got a device with 4.0.2 I think it's great that there may be a way. But I don't think that people who were stupid enough to click update, wait for the file to download, and to restore, all before they checked if there was a jailbreak.

Hopefully you're not one of the "stupid" people and I haven't offended you. O.o

Thanks

Sorry folks, some inconsistencies here...

The video was uploaded on August 13th, and probably filmed before then. Apple was still signing at least 4.0.1 then, and probably 4.0 as well.

Xcode will get blobs for the restore just the same as iTunes will. The blobs are necessary on the device's end, not the computer/program performing the restore.

Xcode WILL insert ECIDs into the IMG3 headers like iTunes (preflighting personal install) and therefore the phone WILL check them against the blobs from bootrom in DFU mode.

The comments on the video: note how they go from "works" from a week ago to 30xx error complaints more recently (like after the 19th)?

Furthermore, I think it's a terrible idea to unplug your iDevice during a restore--you run the very real risk of permanently bricking your device because of an incomplete firmware restore.

Sorry, but I don't buy it (and I am not crazy enough to try this on my Xcode with my iPhone 4).

I'll believe it if someone gets a brand-new iPhone 4, posts the ECID and serial number, we confirm there are no blobs on Cydia for it, and pulls this off. Until then, color me skeptical.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Will01 (2010-08-27)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    Sorry folks, some inconsistencies here...

The video was uploaded on August 13th, and probably filmed before then. Apple was still signing at least 4.0.1 then, and probably 4.0 as well.

Xcode will get blobs for the restore just the same as iTunes will. The blobs are necessary on the device's end, not the computer/program performing the restore.

Xcode WILL insert ECIDs into the IMG3 headers like iTunes (preflighting personal install) and therefore the phone WILL check them against the blobs from bootrom in DFU mode.

The comments on the video: note how they go from "works" from a week ago to 30xx error complaints more recently (like after the 19th)?

Furthermore, I think it's a terrible idea to unplug your iDevice during a restore--you run the very real risk of permanently bricking your device because of an incomplete firmware restore.

Sorry, but I don't buy it (and I am not crazy enough to try this on my Xcode with my iPhone 4).

I'll believe it if someone gets a brand-new iPhone 4, posts the ECID and serial number, we confirm there are no blobs on Cydia for it, and pulls this off. Until then, color me skeptical.
    +1