Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 upgrade from 4.0 to 4.0.1 HELP....!!!!!!!

Exclamation iphone 4 upgrade from 4.0 to 4.0.1 HELP....!!!!!!!
    hi all,

i have iphone 4 with 4.0 version, i have jailbreak and unlocked it.i need to upgrade to 4.0.1. i downloaded the ipsw but when i try to restore, itunes give error 3194.. it asks to upgrade to 4.0.2 which i dont want caz there is no jailbreak for that version so far.

second issue is that the cellular data network appears but i put the details, the internet doesnt works, works only when i disable 3G and restart it.
    does 4.0.1 fix that problem?? i have updates installed from cydia but in vain.

i need help please...

do you have the shsh saved on the cydia server?

I saved but its still showing pending tss..do i need that?im not downgrading it..

i dont think you can upgrade to 4.0.1 unless you have the SHSH saved for 4.0.1.

apple will only let you upgrade to 4.0.2

So how and when it gona b saved to cydia? Its still pending.is there any other way?
    What is about my other problem with cellular data connection? Will it get fixed after update?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

- Get TinyUmbrella, connect your iPhone and run it
    - Click the "Advance Options" check box
    - In the "Device/Version" dropdown, select "iPhone4 4.0.1 (8A306)"
    - Click the "Save my SHSH" button.

If it says that your SHSH was successfully saved in the message window, you've got 'em, and you're good to go for 4.0.1. If not, then you'll not be able to install 4.0.1.

I tried on tinyumbrella for both 4.0 and 4.0.1 it says cydia does not have ur shsh..
    I run tss server and try to restore but itune give me 3004 error

But when i select version 4.0.2 in dropdown in advance,it says cydia does have shsh...
    Last edited by frontiers; 2010-08-27 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If tinyumbrella says you dont have 4.0 or 4.0.1 you cant restore to anything except 4.0.2, which is not jailbreakable at this time.

Thanks,,but what the reason and use of this umbrella,my phone is still on v 4.0,,what the use of shsh then? Does it means if u update to 4.0.2 then i can downgrade??

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

SHSHs are there to allow you to restore to a certain fw. TinyUmbrella saves them. You have a timeframe in which you can save them. 4.0.1 SHSHs stopped being able to be saved when Apple stops signing the fw, which means if you didnt grab the SHSHs before the 19th of this month, you cant get them anymore. This also means you cant restore to anything except 4.0.2 since thats the only fw Apple is currently signing.

So how can i grab them before 19? In advance there is option for server,,cydia or apple..should i try apple to grab shsh for 4.0.1?
    U are so helping,im thankfull for that:-)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Um...if you didnt grab them by the 19th of this month you cant get them anymore.

As in you missed your chance since its August 26th now...and the 19th was over a week ago...
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-27 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ohh...:-(

So no hope..any how its ok as far im ok with jailbreak..
    I only wanted to update caz of cellular problem,first i dint get mms and facesmile.i got it now but some time makes problem ,internet doesnt works and i need to disable 3g and sometime restarts..

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Well youre stuck for now if you cant restore since you dont have your SHSHs.

If you wanna keep your jailbreak youll have to stay where you are for now. If you dont mind the jailbreak being gone and you dont want persistant problems you can go to 4.0.2 of course. But it seems like you want the jailbreak so... :/ i guess stay.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

frontiers (2010-08-27)