Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This device has a pending tss request

Unhappy This device has a pending tss request
    Hey
    I bought a iphone4 last friday d.20/8 and when I got it, it was on firmware 4.01. *I jailbreaked right away and it was fine until sunday where it suddenly get stuck on the apple logo on a reboot and the only thing I could do was to upgrade it to 4.02. *I know that the first thing I did when I jailbreaked it, was to go into cydia and hit the 'make my life easier' and it came back with ' this device has a pending tss request'. *
    But now I can not downgrade it even though I hit the ' make my life easier'*
    My questions is: when you hit the ' make my life easier ' does the phone then send the shsh immidiately to the cydia server ? Could you downgrade your phone suddenly when cydia has received the shsh after some time, if your device has the pending tss request, when you upgrade to 4.02. I have read somewhere on the net that it could take up to a week or so, to cydia to get your shsh blops. And I don't know if the ' this device has a pending tss request ' was gone when it got stuck on the apple logo?!?!
    I have tried every day since sunday with tinyumbrella to see if I could save my shsh's, but so far, no luck :-(*
    Hope some one can help me!

michnet

i had the same mistake as you.
    had to do restore after i jailbroke and hit make my life easier.
    so im guessing its not instant, cause i failed to restore to 3.1.2
    but i tried the 4.0, without modified host file and it worked.
    so it looks like apple is still signing 4.0
    download the 4.0 from here
    iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download
    then follow this guide to jailbreak it
    Jailbreak iPod touch 3G / 2G MC Model on iOS 4.0 with JailbreakMe 2.0 Star [How to Video Guide] | Redmond Pie

also i used tinyumbrella and it changed to stored after 3 hours.
    i would suggest using a different computer. i tried just clicking save my shsh and then clicking start tss server and clicking save my shsh again. not sure which is the correct way to do it, so i did both.
    Last edited by s0mer4ndom1diot; 2010-08-26 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey michnet did you have any success with this? i'm in the same boat as you. got my iphone 4 last night and did the jailbreak. tried to save the shsh blob in cydia and saw "pending tss..." then something happened and i did a full erase and reset settings on the phone and now i'm stuck with endless rebooting at the apple logo. did you successfully restore with 4.0? i'm downloading it now but i have a feeling i'm going to have to restore to 4.0.2 and be stuck without jb until the devteam can work it's magic again...
    Last edited by inorkuo; 2010-08-26 at 04:52 PM.

Hey
    I tried with firmware 4.00 but it didn't work:-( But those shsh blops must be there one day, I hope! I will try every day the next week or so.

i couldn't figure anything out so i just upgraded to 4.0.2. hope 4.1 drops soon so the devteam can crack it. since apple is no longer signing 4.0.1 as of aug 19, i think we're out of luck. it's so sad...having an unjailbroken phone is almost as bad bricking it. thanks a lot apple...

Question Need Help
    I have a IPhone 3G 8GB on version 4.0.2 (8A400) Model MB702LL how can i down grade back to a version that i can jailbreak and unlock. I also have a pending TSS request with Cydia how can i fix both of my problems thanks at the bottom of cydia screen it says iphone, 3G iOS 4.0.2, Cydia 1.0.320-71 the phone would not accepted any simcard in it
    Last edited by Buddbud; 2010-08-27 at 01:46 AM.

To Buddbud

I found this here on the site:

"If however, you have an iPhone 3G or an iPod Touch 2G (Non-MC) , your still in luck, as well as the older iPhone models. Simply use redsn0w to jailbreak."

So try the guide s0mer4ndom1diot is writing about here on this page

michnet

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You can JB 4.0.2 using redsn0w for the 3G, simply point it to the 4.0.0 IPSW when it asked and it will JB your 4.0.2.

Will it also jailbreak an iPhone 4 on 4.02??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Nope, only 3G, i4 on 4.0.2 are SOL for now.