Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iphone saying No SIM

Angry Unlocked iphone saying No SIM
    Ok, so first i unlocked my iphone 3g running on 3.0 in the US (installed cydia added ultrasnow source) then i brought it to india and used a different sim, and as expected it was working fine.
    I took it back to the US and i upgraded it to iOS 4.0 and jailbroke it again and added ultrasnow. I thought it had been unlocked. Apparently i was wrong.

I brought it back to india and tried using a different sim, but it kept saying No SIM. So i downgraded it to 3.1.3 thinking that the 4.0 upgrade was the problem. I jailbroke it again and added ultrasnow (I did this by turning on data roaming as i dont have wifi here). So, i switched the sim again(while data roaming was on) and it worked!

But, after i turned off data roaming (and canceled my international data plan with at&t as i didnt need it anymore) the phone said No SIM again!

Any ideas of what could be the problem??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

How did you activate the phone originally? seems like a lockdown folder glitch.

Hi will and thx for ur reply,

what do you mean activate, and whats a lockdown folder glitch?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

When you originally set up your phone and connected to iTunes to activate it, which SIM was in the phone?

i'm pretty sure it was the at&t sim