Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie question!

Default Newbie question!
    Hi guys! I know this is a noob question but I was wondering if there's a way I can delete everthing in my iPhone 3G so it's like it came out of the box, just the jailbreak and the unlock (im selling the phone to a friend so I can get the iPhone 4)

Quote Originally Posted by teme787 View Post
    Hi guys! I know this is a noob question but I was wondering if there's a way I can delete everthing in my iPhone 3G so it's like it came out of the box, just the jailbreak and the unlock (im selling the phone to a friend so I can get the iPhone 4)
    Restore and update it so far as I am aware. If its a 3G and not a 3GS you will be able to jailbreak it using redsn0w. You will find in this forum along with instructions.
    Last edited by BigCol; 2010-08-25 at 03:54 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigCol For This Useful Post:

teme787 (2010-08-25)

And if I wanted to keep it at 3.1.2, can I just restore to a custom 3.1.2 firmware again? (I already did that like a month ago when my iphone froze showing the apple logo)... jailbreak and unlock again? Thanks and sorry if something's not clear in my question (spanish is my 1st language)

Thanks

if you are using a custom firmware then there is no need to jailbreak again after the restore since it will already be jailbroken, once restored just use ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock and it will be just like it came out of the box + jailbroken and unlocked...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

teme787 (2010-08-25)

Thanks for the quick reply to both of you! I really appreciate it! Have a great day!