Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help to restore iphone 4

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Need help to restore iphone 4
    ok my cydia is totatly fecked and is blank ive tried various methods to get it working deleting files and and reinstalling it and its fecked ok so i do have blobs on file for my iphone 4 now what steps are needed to restore

Thanks

instructions are for the 3GS but it's the same process for the iPhone 4

Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | Windows

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

DeL1873 (2010-08-25)

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Download a copy of 4.0 or 4.1 firmware from here, ModMyi Forums - Downloads - iPhone 4 4.0.1 Then you will also need tinyumbrella to run the tss sever to retrieve your blobs so you can downgrade to the 4.1. You can get that here, The Firmware Umbrella

Once you download Tinyumbrella and go to open it on your desktop right click it and choose run as admin that allows it to act as a sever on your pc. Start the tss sever running, open Itunes and began the restore when you go to start the restore hold the shift key when you click restore and choose the 4.1 ipsw. It should do its thing an install 4.1 back on your phone then you can jb it. I would restore as new if I was you.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Captinsmooth For This Useful Post:

DeL1873 (2010-08-25)

Green Apple
    Thanks

cheers guys ill give it a bash when i get home from work dont know what happend cydia has just messed up and i feel only way to resolve it is to restore the phone software

if when i load cydia and it says this device has shhs on file on fore 4.0 and 4.01 that means im good to go and do a restore isnt it ??
    Last edited by DeL1873; 2010-08-25 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeL1873 View Post
    cheers guys ill give it a bash when i get home from work dont know what happend cydia has just messed up and i feel only way to resolve it is to restore the phone software

if when i load cydia and it says this device has shhs on file on fore 4.0 and 4.01 that means im good to go and do a restore isnt it ??
    Yes it does.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok ive tried what you both have said but after itunes extracts the firmware its giving me a 3x error any ideas?

in order to restore do i have to be on a higher firmware im on 4.0 my ssh blobs are saved on cydia for 4.01 4.02 i have tiny umbrella and i have the 4.0 and the 4.0.1 ipsw files i have also edited my hosts file now i run tiny umbrella download my blobs start the tss server i then run itunes and do the restore and im getting the 3002 error on both firmware files any idea whats wrong
    Last edited by DeL1873; 2010-08-26 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I HAVE THE SAME problem with my iphone 4 and i can not restore my phone cause it is showing the same error.Please help