Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem Help Please!!!

Default Problem Help Please!!!
    Trying to unlock my iphone 2g with 3.1.3 on windows using:

http://modmyi.com/guides/how-jailbre...-windows-os-x/

Hi i have a iphone 2g without a at&t sim and I have tmobile, I have been following your guide and ithink this is a great guide and it has so far been more successful than all my other attempts to unlock this phone. I have a couple questions though. the first one is that I do not have an at&t sim card and my tmobile sim card is currently inside it, does that matter?

My main problem is that while all the other steps are successful I am having a problem at the dfu mode steps. I follow the instructions as it says them but the problem is that when it gets to the last step to hold the home button for 30 seconds, i hold it but far before the timer runs out(around 20+) seconds it skips to the next screen that says "waiting for reboot" but I have waited for an hour without seeing any sign of progress and have no clue what is going on. I was confused with the timer page switching so quickly so my other question is what do I do when it reaches to the other page; do i let go or do i continue to hold it? I need an answer please I have been trying to do this forever! thanks in advance
    Last edited by Jboogey; 2010-08-25 at 05:10 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

What exactly are you trying to do? Just unlock? Download the 3.1.2 ipsw and restore to that in iTunes, then go to jailbreakme.com and jailbreak it. Unlock with BootNeuter.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

I just want to unlock it...i was using redsnow after reading the guide you guys have on unlocking the phone. it's a 2g with 3.1.3 firmware. i am using redsnow. how would i restore it to that with itunes? i'm sorry but i'm a complete noob to this

Ps. I do not have a t-mobile sim card! i am using my tmobile sim
    Last edited by Jboogey; 2010-08-25 at 04:30 AM.

Thanks

I'd suggest using 3.1.2 so you can easily use mms. 3.1.3 is useless anyways.
    First off, restore to this:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....1_Restore.ipsw

I have downloaded that and tried it on redsnow...i tried to use itunes to restore it but it said it was not compatible

Thanks

Not compatible? What version if iTunes are you running? Also, do try blackra1n.

itunes 8. this is the guide i've been following: How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X

Thanks

Upgrade iTunes to 9.2, I'm pretty sure that's your problem.

do you have a step by step guide to this that i could follow because i've been doing this for three days and every time I think i am right there I end up trying something else so i'd like to find out what i'm supposed to be doing with redsnow because this seems to have yeilded positive results for everyone else and it's worked well so far

Thanks

If you wanna use redsn0w, you can I suppose.
    Here's how I'd do it:
    1. Upgrade iTunes (help > check for updates)
    2. Restore to the 3.1.2 ipsw I had you download
    3. Run redsn0w with the same ipsw you restored to

11. The Following User Says Thank You to neodude237 For This Useful Post:

Jboogey (2010-08-25)

ok well that brings me back to the main problem...when I am trying to put the phone in dfu mode it says hold the home button for 30 seconds as the last step but the the timer only reaches to 20 before another page come up on redsnow that says..."waiting on reboot". do i continue holding the home button or do i release it?

Thanks

Honestly I'm not familiar enough with redsn0w to know, I'm sorry.
    edit: scratch that forget sn0wbreeze this is a 2g.

ok then, no problem as long as i can get this thing done tonight. how do i go about it?

Thanks

Forgot to ask, what version of redsn0w are you using? And are you putting it in recovery mode, or DFU? (if you see a connect to iTunes logo on the screen, you're doing it wrong)
    edit again:
    yeah im pretty much an idiot, sn0wbreeze appearantly does work:
    http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/product...n0wbreeze.snow
    Try building a custom ipsw after you update iTunes and restoring with it.
    Last edited by neodude237; 2010-08-25 at 05:29 AM.

0.94 i am trying to put it into dfu and the apple logo comes up and then the screen goes completely blank, the connect to itunes logo doesn't come up. 9.2 doesn't work either it still says it's not compatible so now i'll have to go back to 8
    Last edited by Jboogey; 2010-08-25 at 05:52 AM.

Thanks

Well, that'd be DFU mode , I guess go ahead and give sn0wbreeze a try.
    specifically this one:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nzhmd1jwmid
    Put 3.1.2 ipsw in it and make a custom one to restore with in iTunes. Put the phone in DFU and hopefully iTunes will pick it up like that even if redsn0w is having problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jboogey View Post
    ok well that brings me back to the main problem...when I am trying to put the phone in dfu mode it says hold the home button for 30 seconds as the last step but the the timer only reaches to 20 before another page come up on redsnow that says..."waiting on reboot". do i continue holding the home button or do i release it?
    no, do not continue to hold it, I just restored a 2g today to 3.1.2, used redsn0w 0.9.2 to jailbreak and bootneuter from cydia to unlock, using itunes 9.2 with no problems