Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to restore iPhone 3G :S

Default Need to restore iPhone 3G :S
    I jailbroke my iPhone about a week ago on 4.0.1 however now "Springboard has crashed" and I can't get out of "Safe Mode" despite deleting all my cydia apps.

So I need to restore my iPhone which I'm told would fix it but that'll put it on 4.0.2. which apparently can't be jailbroken. Although this tutorial on Youtube claims to [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIgDm0vJn-I]YouTube - HOW TO JAILBREAK 4.0.2 IPOD TOUCH 2G & IPHONE 3G[/ame] and has good feedback as well.

So if you could help me with either getting my video out of safe mode, telling me if the video will actually work or telling me exactly how to get my iPhone to 4.0.1. ( I've seen some stuff about umbrella something and SHSH but I'm pretty confused).

Thanks very much for any help you can give, however small, and also does anyone know when the 4.1 firmware will be out and if that will be able to be jailbroken.

Anybody?
    Last edited by ChrisMac1; 2010-08-25 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Download tiny umbrella and hook up your iphone. Try to save SHSH. Try from 4.0.2 working backwards and see which ones you've got. If it's not on Cydia it will get 4.0.2 from apple so you can start your collection!

You can unlock it if you can restore to anything but 4.0.2, but you'll need the SHSH on store with cydia to be able to do that.

Can't comment on the youtube video.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

ChrisMac1 (2010-08-25)

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    Download tiny umbrella and hook up your iphone. Try to save SHSH. Try from 4.0.2 working backwards and see which ones you've got. If it's not on Cydia it will get 4.0.2 from apple so you can start your collection!

You can unlock it if you can restore to anything but 4.0.2, but you'll need the SHSH on store with cydia to be able to do that.

Can't comment on the youtube video.
    Thanks very much, I did have the 4.0.1 firmware saved with Cydia so I've started the TSS server. And it will restore it on 4.0.1 won't it? Because it seems to think I also have the 4.0.2 as well even though I haven't updated to that.

Download the 4.0.1 firmware from apple and restore that.

Tiny umbrella can get the 4.0.2 SHSH without you being on that firmware on your iphone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

ChrisMac1 (2010-08-25)

How do I download 4.0.1 from Apple? Or if I haven't downloaded 4.0.2 yet can I just restore it and it will restore on 4.0.1?

OK, hang on, I'll google the file for you.

Once you've got it, hold shift and click restore, it will open a browser window you can then select the file you will download.

Here's the link to download the official 4.0.1

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/06...6_Restore.ipsw

Just for complete clarity - you do have a 3GS right?
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-08-25 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

ChrisMac1 (2010-08-25)

Sorry, I have the 3G, I can see the title was a bit misleading.

Will that link still work for mine? Thanks for all the help btw, sorry for being a bit of a noob

Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-08-25 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

ChrisMac1 (2010-08-25)

Thanks very much once again,

It all seems to be working fine, just as you described

Sounds promising. Will be nice to hear you got it all working again!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

ChrisMac1 (2010-08-25)

Sounds promising. Will be nice to hear you got it all working again!
    Yep, it's restored and is on 4.0.1, just need to wait for it to sync then I can rejailbreak it And you're probably sick of hearing it but thanks for all the help with everything and being so patient.