Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Auto-launch apps on iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.x

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Auto-launch apps on iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.x
    I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 running 4.0.1. Is there anyway (through some setting or using a jailbreak tweak available through Cydia), to automatically have the Skype app launch (either in the foreground or background) once the springboard loads? I want people to be able to call me on Skype, but this means I have to remember start Skype up so that it can log me in everytime I start/reboot/respring my iPhone. I love making calls through Skype, and I have many friends that have it installed on their iPhones, but it's a huge disadvantage/annoyance when we have to remember to launch the app.

I hope I'm not asking for too much here. It just seems like this would be a very handy thing to have on a jailbroken iPhone. I don't know anything about iPhone development or jailbreak app development, but looking at all the other utilities and tweaks that have been developed and are listed in Cydia, this seems like a simple thing. Maybe it already exists; if so, what app should I be searching for in Cydia.

Thanks for the help!

I think you should be able to do this by installing Backgrounder from Cydia. It should have an option to set backgrounding to always on for whatever apps you select. Hope this helps. Btw- backgrounder is a multitasking app and integrates or replaces iOS4 multitasking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. I already have the latest version of backgrounder installed. But it's the same thing in that I must manually launch the app first in order for it to initialize. There's no way in backgrounder to have it launch on it's own once the iPhone starts up.

Thanks

to the best of my knowledge there is no program that will do this for you (at least that i have ever seen or heard of)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is extremely disappointing. It seems like it would be such a simple utility to build. I would even pay money if some developer made this available in Cydia. At this point, I really wish I was an iPhone developer.

Oh well.