Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unique iPhone 4 firmware 4.01 problem!!

Default Unique iPhone 4 firmware 4.01 problem!!
    Hi guys

this is my first post on this forum. It's been the most useful site out there! I hope I can get a solution to my problem. Here it is:

I jb-ed and unlocked my iPhone 4 yesterday. Installed cydia and applied for the SHSH. In the meanwhile, I restored the data on my 3GS to my iPhone 4. My iPhone 3GS was buggy, so I decided to use the reset settings and content on my iPhone 4. It went to restart, and hung on the apple logo.

I downloaded the iPhone 4.0.1 firmware, put it in DFU mode, and tried to restore the firmware. It kept giving me errors on the verification bit.

Tried editing the host file and then restoring, same problem.

Now, I'm wondering if my
    pending request for SHSH on cydia will go through despite my phone being off and stuck on the logo?

If yes, then I can try the restore in a day or two. If not, then I'll have to waiting for the 4.0.2 jb and unlock to come?

I'd really appreciate any and all the help!! Please

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Apple stopped signing 4.0.1, you're probably not ever gonna see that signature. There won't be a 4.0.2 jailbreak either (unless the dev team is feeling REALLY kind). I'd hold out for 4.1.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

Hmmmm. Aight. Thanks a bunch. I couldn't see any updates on the devteam's site about the iOS 4.0.2 and if they are working on that at all.

I guess the 4.1 will be released some time September?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Probably yeah, I'm personally guessing in about ~2 weeks or so, but that's just me.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

Thanks

Never ever hit the reset all settings button on a jailbroken phone. All you can do at this point is restore, which will install 4.0.2. You can use tiny umbrella to check if cydia's server does have your shsh's for 4.0.1. If it does you'll be able to downgrade to that. If not then unfortunately your stuck unjailbroken on 4.0.2 for the time being.

For future reference sake, how can I wipe my phone clean without using the reset button?

Plus can I use tiny umbrella to check if my SHSH has been saved by cydia? If so, I'd appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

Ps: I haven't upgraded to iOS 4.0.2 as yet. The phone is still stuck on the apple logo cycle. Hoping my SHSH has been saved
    Last edited by ahmadrulz; 2010-08-23 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Additional info added

Thanks

a restore and setup as new is the best way to wipe it clean, under the advanced option in tinyumbrella select your phone and firmware and hit the save my shsh's, but if just jailbroke the phone yesterday then you will only be able to get 4.0.2 shsh's, so at this point all you can do is restore to 4.0.2 and wait for the next jailbreak