Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Great, yet another problem... very seirous!

Default Great, yet another problem... very seirous!
    I just went to jailbroken 1.1.4, and youtube still didn't work. Then I found this fix, and now youtube works great. But there's a BIG problem... my phone won't pick up any service. Also, my iPhone got remaned to "Mikey's iPhone." The name of the preson who made this fix is also named Mikey. I'm disgusted, and I feel like throwing up because this phone has been giving my nothing but problems for the past 3 days. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

How many new threads are you going to start today??

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same problem, besides my name of my iphone changing.

i actually had to restore and jailbreak again with ZiPhone....

im still waiting to find an actual fix for my youtube problem on my 16g iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    How many new threads are you going to start today??
    It's not my fault no one on this site is helpful!

Thanks

Restore and start again.

Use ziphone or iplus, both work fine for 99% of the people who can follow simple instructions.

If youtube still doesnt work, then live without it for a few days. Its no big deal really, use youtube on your PC instead

And, youre disgusted? wow. you can rename your phone in itunes

Yeah, and people are gonna help some dumb kid who doesnt understand simple net etiquette
    Last edited by redcard; 2008-03-18 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To live, you have to lie

downgrade to lower version and start from there again

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

How does that old saying go .... "the only things in life that are certain are taxes and death". If you want everything to work perfectly restore your iPhone, get AT&T service, activate through iTunes, then wait for the new features coming soon with firmware 2.0.

If you do anything else you'll be using alpha or beta software with guaranteed bugs you'll have to live with until the developers fix it (when they have time) or you submit the code to fix it yourself.
    Last edited by navalynt; 2008-03-18 at 04:24 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree with redcard* said

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Restore and start again.

Use ziphone or iplus, both work fine for 99% of the people who can follow simple instructions.

If youtube still doesnt work, then live without it for a few days. Its no big deal really, use youtube on your PC instead

And, youre disgusted? wow. you can rename your phone in itunes

Yeah, and people are gonna help some dumb kid who doesnt understand simple net etiquette

Actually mine is renamed in iTunes, yet if i connect to a device or ssh it still comes up as Mikey's phone????? Any suggestions?
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040

Change your own name. Mikey is not so bad. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Restore and start again.

Use ziphone, it works fine for 99% of the people who can follow simple instructions.

these are the steps...follow them and you will get a working iphone with youtube and jailbroken plus you will have service with your own iphone name... another saying that I heard once: computers are only as smart as the person operating them.." so no need to be hating on the iphone its been good to the majority of us

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

noones obligated to help you so don't be a ****.

there are hundres of thousands of working phones around you, and also hundreds of broken ones or messed up ones. we all run into problems, so don't let it bring you down. once its all dial'd in your phone will be so perfect u will want to jus do stuff for the hell of it, and end up causing more problems. trust me.

restore n start clean. pwn if you can, i would
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

@SMW22792: Posted as follows to the original site where Mikey had his fix listed. This is the post:

====

Re Mikey's suggested fix-- be aware that he is using files from his pod.

That is fine, but these files are not left alone by the O/S. For example, someone had problems after installing Mikey's files, as did I:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=872761

Also another problem came up for me this AM that did not come up for me 2 days ago or yesterday and that is the screen froze out when apps were loaded. That is, I could tap icons on SummerBoard but when the app opened, taps on the screen didn't do anything. So I went to the files I had replaced and noticed in ~Library/Lockdown/data_ark.plist that there was an entry between 'key' tags called '-Brickstate' that was set to "true". I had never seen this before! I changed it to 'false', replaced the file and rebooted my pod and it started working again-- however that broke Yahoo mail and Youtube-- back to where I started!

So the lesson here is this: stuff is going on with this OS just like any other OS that we don't fully know about. What I'd suggest is that if you do use someone else's files for a fix like this, be sure your old files are backed up but be aware that after other updates and changes, whatever those files were doing for you not only may stop doing it but also may break something else!

I have found also that the profile file gets rewritten it seems on occasion for reasons I don't know. This messes up my PATH value and I have created a Tapp app line entry to restore it. I don't know though if this may one day mess up things in profile that were changed for the good by subsequently installed apps-- see what I mean?

We're on the bleeding edge here so we just have to get used to it. Also, and not to denigrate Mikey's efforts here, but be careful who you get fixes from or at least be sure you review the files' contents before putting them there. Not saying Mikey meant anything wrong or was being a bad contributor-- just that remember we are messing with some fairly low-level stuff when we hack these pods and advice given even with the best of intentions can work for one person but not for another. Still, thanks to Mikey for his efforts to help us all, and indeed, this gives us progress.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

I would suggest iPlus...