Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore bar freeze from 3.1.2 to 4.0.1 (3GS)

Unhappy Restore bar freeze from 3.1.2 to 4.0.1 (3GS)
    Hi

I just tried to update from 3.1.2 to 4.0.1

I have SHSH blobs saved for 4.0.1 and selected and loaded it into Firmware umbrella. Then started the TSS server and shift restored to the 4.0.1 firmware.

The progress bar got to just over half way and froze...wouldn't move from there. Now the phone is stuck in a recovery loop.

What can I do now?

Thanks

put ur phone into DFU and try restore again.

Thanks

use tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery, it may have gotten far enough to actually have restored (happened to me at same point)

I'm in a vicious recovery loop..connects and disconnects in iTunes automatically. I have tried recboot to kick, tried to get into DFU even using a run command and dfu file. Ok I got it in DFU. itunes said phone in recovery and I had a black screen, not connect icons

So i run the restore and an error soon pops up.. error 2002

what else to do as for some reason this phone is bricked..cant see why

Problem solved!!!

I didn't mention that I was trying to do all this on my PC being another iTunes computer. Took the phone back to the laptop that has the iTunes version that it was backed up to...presto it worked flawlessly

I didn't think it would be an issue on another computer not mattering which iTunes it was connected to....seems it does

Cheers
    Last edited by tomstan; 2010-08-24 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost