Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 4.0.2 New bootrom. :/

Default 3GS 4.0.2 New bootrom. :/
    Is there any way possible to jailbreak & unlock? I've tried everything but you seem to need SHSH which I don't have.
    If not, will there be anytime soon?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

No and No unfortunately, next jailbreak will not be released until iOS4.1 by all accounts which is slanted for release end of september. So you've a bit of a wait on your hands.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have an iphone 3gs with ios 4.0.2 and new bootrom and I didn't save my shsh blob in cydia. I have been looking for a solution to jailbreak it and I can't. Please does somebody know how to do it ? Please and thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yabd View Post
    I have an iphone 3gs with ios 4.0.2 and new bootrom and I didn't save my shsh blob in cydia. I have been looking for a solution to jailbreak it and I can't. Please does somebody know how to do it ? Please and thank you.
    it's not possible at this time

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There is any rumor for new tool?

So, I have to wait until the end of september to jailbreak my iphone 3gs 4.0.2? That it's a long wait. Why those guys take long time to find the way? Thank you. I will have to use my android G1 until next solution.
    Last edited by yabd; 2010-08-28 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Theyre not taking a long time to find it. Theyre waiting for the right time to release and 4.1 release is the best time.

Why? Cuz people on 4.0.2 will receive their jailbreak if released earlier, then 4.1 will be released and a bunch of people who buy new phones or people who "accidentally" upgrade or people who are forced to upgrade due to phone issues get stuck to going to 4.1 and will no longer have the new jailbreak cuz Apple patches it quick.

So then 4.0.2 users are happy and new users or those unfortunate not to have SHSHs who get stuck restoring to 4.1 are unhappy and it starts all over again.

Theyre not taking a long time to find it. Theyre waiting for the right time to release and 4.1 release is the best time.

Why? Cuz people on 4.0.2 will receive their jailbreak if released earlier, then 4.1 will be released and a bunch of people who buy new phones or people who "accidentally" upgrade or people who are forced to upgrade due to phone issues get stuck to going to 4.1 and will no longer have the new jailbreak cuz Apple patches it quick.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-28 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1. Find the host file in C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc \ hosts
    2. Double click on Make host.Si you are asked which program to use to open the file, chooseNotepad.

3. In the file open, add in the last line: 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

4. Save the file

5. open iTunes and click " Restore "holding down" Shift "(Windows) or" Alt "(Mac OS). Select the file update 4.0 or 4.0.1 software for your device and will launch the restoration.

After a few minutes you will have a small error 1015 (or 1011 or 1013) do not worry it's normal!press ok!

6.Start EasyiRecovery that have downloaded at the beginning of the tutorial. Click the first button, "download file necessari" then "da Esci Recovery Mode"

7. Wait a few seconds, then unplug the iPhone from your computer, restart the keys Home + Power until the appearance of the apple (reboot). Your iPhone is finally operational in 4.0 / 4.0.1

8. How to Jailbreak:

Then there remains only the jailbreak as before with JailbreakMe.com

Hit Thanks If It Helps
    Last edited by MadGlitch; 2010-08-28 at 12:02 PM.

Both posters haven't saved SHSH files, so they can't downgrade.

I have SHSH saved on 3.1.2 and i modified the hosts file, still I cant downgrade.