Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone4 came with 4.0.1, safe to restore from backup ?

Question iPhone4 came with 4.0.1, safe to restore from backup ?
    Just received my iPhone 4, it came with 4.0.1 (I can Jailbreak but cant save my SHSH)
    Is it safe for me to restore from my backup? I need to restore my stuffs from 3GS. I am worry that it will update to 4.0.2.
    Thanks

Yes its safe

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

According to those posting in this thread, it's risk free:

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-no-shshs.html

But it's making me doubt my grasp of reality.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok...need help. I just got my iphone 4....which start on 4.0.1...then it updated to 4.0.2...also...it has never been jailbroken. Now, I try downgrading to 4.0.1....then it came with a error 3194. I just want to jailbreak my phone ...it's currently 4.0.2...iphone 4. Someone please help. Thank you.

I don't know if modmyi.com will notify if a message is available or a repy is available. I specifically purchased the iphone 4 to jailbreak now i'm having a hard time...again.
    Last edited by drraha; 2010-08-23 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

you might want to remove your email address unless you like spam mail, if it's on 4.0.2 with no 4.0.1 shsh's then you can't downgrade to 4.0.1

6. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

drraha (2010-08-23)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default true
    spam sucks..thank you.

yet, at this point...i'm just wanting someone to help me step by step..it's been months with this thing....shsh...you have to explain that....

i'm reading everyone that 4.0.2 was rigged to jailbreak...on 4.0.1..it was easy to jailbreak with jailbreakME yet left with certain hacking problems of some sort..i dunno if that's true. If it's a new phone..shsh..whatever that is....shouldn't be an issue..if so...can i fix this 3194 error? Or ...do i just wait for someone how to figure out how to jailbreak a iphone 4 4.0.2 or 4.1 considering it's never been jailbroken before..it's a new item.
    Last edited by drraha; 2010-08-23 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by drraha View Post
    spam sucks..thank you.

yet, at this point...i'm just wanting someone to help me step by step..it's been months with this thing....shsh...you have to explain that....
    Since you have never been jailbroken before and don't know what SHSH are then I can say 100% that you won't be able to downgrade and cannot therefore jailbreak at present.

You are stuck where you are for now.

{good thread hijack btw}

9. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

drraha (2010-08-23)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default cont
    i'm reading up on tinyumbrella...and shsh blobs...i didn't do that before upgrading to 4.0.2..is there any way to back track on this....or do i start saving the "shsh blobs" now with 4.0.2 until the next iphone update come? someone please help me on this...i wish there was this website...that creates some form of protocol for each situation that is encountered.

so what do i do then??? do i save shsh blobs now with tinyumbrella before next upgrade???
    Last edited by drraha; 2010-08-23 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

start saving now and wait is all you can do at this point

You can't downgrade.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is tinyumbrella the program i should use for this shsh blob thing

Thanks

yes, connect the phone and hit the save my shsh's button

15. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

drraha (2010-08-23)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok..i just did that..and it said it successfully saved..and was sent to Cydia. Now, what will be the exact next steps after.....what do i need to look out for in order to jailbreak seeing it is on 4.0.2.....
    and what is this "TSS" option that i see on the left..do i need to worry about that....

Thanks

Yes 100% safe

18. The Following User Says Thank You to eddietah For This Useful Post:

drraha (2010-08-23)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i love these short messages with little details. I appreciate all this guys..but i'm the amateur to this jailbreaking thing. Someone give me some details please..."safe" for what? I can this much..when someone comes in for medical advice..i go the extra step to explain in details..i'm just wanting some details here..step by step...it would be muuuuch appreciated...come on...someone explain to me.

what do i do next? what is 100% safe now??
    Last edited by drraha; 2010-08-23 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You've been told a lot of times, maybe you're in denial!

You can't jailbreak it, you need to wait for someone to hopefully release a new tool.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

drraha (2010-08-23)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have also been asking what are the instructions to do....i wait...and then what? do you jailbreak on 4.0.2? do i need to sync up to tinyumbrella periodically??? people obviously over here think that this venue is 2nd nature....hence what a forum is forever. Nonetheless, your patience and guidance is appreciated dude.

I feel your frustration, but there is not a lot of advice we can give. Apple will only allow your phone to be restored to versions of the firmware that they are currently signing. Presently, the only one they are signing is the current one, hence why you could get your SHSH file for 4.0.2.

Now that you have it saved, there are methods such that you will be able to restore to 4.0.2 at a later date no matter what apple do. It is therefore essential to save your SHSH file whenever apple release a firmware update if you rely on a jailbreak an unlock.

We can't give you instructions on what the future tool will do or how it might work as it's going to be released most likely when apple do another major release of their firmware - probably 4.1. When they release this firmware, no one knows but apple. It could be there is a jailbreak released for you to use on 4.0.2, but I doubt it. Most likely you are going to have to wait weeks for the new firmware to be released then for the jailbreaking tool to be released.

The only instruction for you at this point is to save your SHSH files if apple release a new firmware and keep an eye out for a new jailbreaking tool on this sites news page. Sorry but I don't think anyone can help you further.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

drraha (2010-08-23)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

excellent. thank you for the thorough reply. I really appreciate it. I'll keep my eyes open.