Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just bought an iphone 4 looking to jailbreak it

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    this is the same type of guy who was bugging around here everyday to see when the JB would be released. like i said, the dev team is damned if they do release it and a few people have bugs, and they're damned if they wait for more than a day after he firmware update to release a JB.
    Look through my posts. I have been a member for some time, and I haven't been trolling for a jailbreak. I just bought my damn iphone4 last week. I had a 3g when they first came out for a few months before I even knew about a jailbreak.

same TYPE!!!!! of guy. learn to read better please. it was not a personal attack.

Not really the same type either. I know how to read and check for updates rather than just ask all the time. Looking here for JB news is that TYPE of person. Looking on the authors' sites is what is right and not annoying. I just wanted to note that this jailbreak was not the best and seemed to have more issues than anything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    I have the right to criticize something that is said to be ready when it obviously isn't. And then having to restore, but oh wait I can't, I have to go to 4.0.2 because I got my phone the evening Apple stopped signing. The phone doesn't seem right in the battery department even after restoring.
    The Dev's knew Apple was going to patch this ASAP, that's why they told everybody to back up their blobs. The battery issue was corrected with the Ultrasn0w update, I haven't had a battery issue since then. Before, I was losing about 20% battery life overnight, now I may lose 1-2%. You just sound ungrateful, how can u say it was rushed when It took damn near two months to be released.
    Last edited by mbeezy81; 2010-08-24 at 11:13 PM.

a jailbreak can only be tested on a small number of phones before a public release. the dev team patches any issues asap.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lol_release View Post
    I gave my wife the 3g IOS 4.0.2 jailbroken and so far she is loving it! I also bought elite which is an amazing theme along with Classified!

I'm just really pumped about running Cydia with the 1 gig processor on this phone.

This phone is so fast it's amazing!

@ramicio is it slow because you are running the 3g?

If so you might want to remove the multitasking when I removed that the 3G was running fine with no issues.

The lady at the store was trying to sell me the samsung android I was like lady your are crazy in the head and give me my iphone!
    The samsung galaxy S is a pretty good phone, and you don't have to jailbreak with android

See how long freedom lasts with Android phones...

No Android phone has a screen resolution I like. 640x960 is awesome. Next step is 1280x1920!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

True, but android is open source, like Linux

I like open source and andriod but I much prefer the Cydia Community and way of life!

Just because it started as open source doesn't mean phone makers don't make things proprietary. I see it being a problem in the future allowing any third party app run. Like there have been some found that collect data and send it to other countries. Not cool. Even iTunes apps like that slip through the crack, but Apple can pull the plug right when they find out about it. Jailbreaking is good, yea, but I only use it for a couple of things that are big, like SBSettings and openSSH. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    I have the right to criticize something that is said to be ready when it obviously isn't. And then having to restore, but oh wait I can't, I have to go to 4.0.2 because I got my phone the evening Apple stopped signing. The phone doesn't seem right in the battery department even after restoring.
    Right after the jailbreak was released Apple announced they were working on a fix. People had tons of time to backup their SHSH files. Just because you got your iPhone too late after the jailbreak was released you could have guessed it was going to be patched.

So without the SHSH files we cannot do a downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by lol_release View Post
    So without the SHSH files we cannot do a downgrade?
    Correct.

Thanks

correct, the only firmware that an iphone 4 will restore to is the firmware that apple is currently signing (4.0.2 at this point), without shsh's and redirecting itunes to either cydia or your computer to get the shsh it's looking for then you can not restore to a firmware that is not being signed by apple

The jailbreak wait was because of the unlock, which is stupid. How many people NEED an unlock vs. just wanting the jailbreak? I don't like how we wait for a jailbreak when the minority of people only need it for an unlock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12