Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Advice on backing up jailbroken iP4 few questions

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Advice on backing up jailbroken iP4 few questions
    I jailbroke my device a few weeks ago now,,, not long after I downloaded tiny umbrella and saved my shsh blobs(not sure exactly why I had to do this? something like incase i accidently upgrade I can get back to 4.01?) is this right?

When I open up cydia it says at the top "shsh's on file for iphone 4.0.1"?? whats this mean? lol

What do I need to do to back up my cydia apps/repos etc does aptbackup work on the iphone 4???

Can someone explain what all this stuff means in english and how I can back up my cydia stuff/apps for when and if a new jailbreak comes out in the future?

Sorry Im a bit on the daft side

1) When I open up cydia it says at the top "shsh's on file for iphone 4.0.1"?? whats this mean? lol
    -- this means if you upgrade you will be able to downgrade to this firmware if you use tinyumbrella and "start TSS server"

2) What do I need to do to back up my cydia apps/repos etc does aptbackup work on the iphone 4???
    -- I don't have an iPhone 4 but the cydia page of AptBackup doesn't mention either working or not working on iPhone 4, so its probably the same. I have a backup tutorial of my website here

Hopefully this will get everything working for you.