Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore SpiritJB iPhone 3G 8GB FW3.1.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Restore SpiritJB iPhone 3G 8GB FW3.1.3
    Hi!

I have been reading up on this but I have not seen a definite answer so I thought I'd might as well ask, sorry if that strikes you as a dumb thing to do..

I've got a SpiritJB iPhone 3G 8GB FW3.1.3 and it's been running smooth but I'm either gonna sell it as is or as original so I'm asking.. how do I go about restoring it to original fw3.1.3 (or 4.0.1/4.0.2 depending on what the buyer requests..)

First question, as I understand it the iPhone 3G does not need SHSH blobs/files to restore any ios under 4.0? so can I just download the OS (below 4.0) that I want and then just hit shift+restore in ANY itunes?

Second question, as I have hit the "make my life easier" button in cydia and saved SHSH blobs for 4.0 and 4.0.1, can I restore to them as well by downloading either of them, redirecting the hosts file in my PC to sauriks server and then hit shift+restore in ANY itunes?

Third, if I can do as above BUT get an error upon restoring.. does that/those errors just lock me in DFU until I use tinyUmbrella and click "kick me out of.."?

If I missed some key detail, please enlighten me!

In my opinion the iPhone 3G is best served (well for the time being anyways) on the 3.x fw, I've tried some that are on ios4 and they are a bit laggy.. but it kinda depends on what the proposed buyer wants..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by S2Andreas View Post
    Hi!

I have been reading up on this but I have not seen a definite answer so I thought I'd might as well ask, sorry if that strikes you as a dumb thing to do..

I've got a SpiritJB iPhone 3G 8GB FW3.1.3 and it's been running smooth but I'm either gonna sell it as is or as original so I'm asking.. how do I go about restoring it to original fw3.1.3 (or 4.0.1/4.0.2 depending on what the buyer requests..)

First question, as I understand it the iPhone 3G does not need SHSH blobs/files to restore any ios under 4.0? so can I just download the OS (below 4.0) that I want and then just hit shift+restore in ANY itunes?
    Correct, not sure about "any" iTunes, but I think the latest works.

Second question, as I have hit the "make my life easier" button in cydia and saved SHSH blobs for 4.0 and 4.0.1, can I restore to them as well by downloading either of them, redirecting the hosts file in my PC to sauriks server and then hit shift+restore in ANY itunes?
    Correct again, but do use the latest iTunes (9.2.something)

Third, if I can do as above BUT get an error upon restoring.. does that/those errors just lock me in DFU until I use tinyUmbrella and click "kick me out of.."?
    I think this mostly applies to downgrading or restoring a 3.1.X firmware, but yeah, that button should do it fine.

If I missed some key detail, please enlighten me!

In my opinion the iPhone 3G is best served (well for the time being anyways) on the 3.x fw, I've tried some that are on ios4 and they are a bit laggy.. but it kinda depends on what the proposed buyer wants..
    This mostly, if the buyer honestly doesn't know the difference, do them a favor and keep them on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 until Apple gets its act together and fixes the lag on 4.0.
    Answers in the bold~
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to neodude237 For This Useful Post:

S2Andreas (2010-08-22)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome reply (; and quite speedy as well ((: thanks bunch!

I'll definently follow your suggestions!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmm, I just thought of one question I forgot to ask! (!%!%)

When hitting shift+restore in itunes.. do I need to be in DFU mode? or can I just hook it up like I always do?

//Andreas

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

DFU would probably be best, yeah. Just DFU the phone, shift + restore (assuming you're on windows) and then browse for the firmware.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to neodude237 For This Useful Post:

S2Andreas (2010-08-24)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks again dude, you are lightning fast (: