Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1465

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Use redsnow 0.9.6rc8 to enter pwned DFU and restore to a custom 4.2.1 firmware made with snowbreeze.

I made a thread about the error I am having. Nothing has worked for me to restore. I am trying to do the emergency ssh, because the last 4 files I loaded onto my device is the reason I am getting the connect to iTunes screen.

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/789...-recovery.html

:/ complete newbie here, but i recently bought a iphone on 4.3.5 ios and 4.10.01 baseband, unlocked it with gevey, tethered jb with cydia, but then it randomly rebooted itself ;/ Im trying to custom firmware restore it, but I'm having no luck so far... thru the use of tinyumbrella and ireb to put it into pwned dfu, im still getting error 2005! any solutions? :/

Hello Dear Simon,
    I have an iPhone 4 GSM Unlocked using Gevey Sim on iOS 5.0 and wrongly installed the so called SiriN1ght which caused me the keyboard problem that will cause me a fresh restore. I want to restore it on the same firmware
    I have the iOS 5.0 SHSH saved on my PC
    I have tinyumbrella 5.01.00
    I have sn0wbreeze 2.8b11
    And I have the custom firmware

What can I do to restore to the same iOS version???
    Please I'm waiting your directions
    Thanx in advance

Hello Dear Simon,
    I have an iPhone 4 GSM Unlocked using Gevey Sim on iOS 5.0 and wrongly installed the so called SiriN1ght which caused me the keyboard problem that will cause me a fresh restore. I want to restore it on the same firmware
    I have the iOS 5.0 SHSH saved on my PC
    I have tinyumbrella 5.01.00
    I have sn0wbreeze 2.8b11
    And I have the custom firmware

What can I do to restore to the same iOS version???
    Please I'm waiting your directions
    Thanx in advance

Thanks

You cant restore to 5.0 anymore. You will have to make a custom 5.0.1 with snowbreeze and restore to that.

even though I have the SHSH blobs

This means I only have three choices
    1- Waiting an update of SiriN1ght hopefully fixing the keyboard problem
    2- Updating to 5.0.1 and also untethered
    3- Downgrade to 4.3.3 since I also have the SHSH
    Two questions please Dear Simon,
    If I downgraded to 4.3.3 can I upgrade to 5.0 or it a must to 5.0.1?
    If I now restore to 5.0.1, can I downgrade to 4.3.3 ?
    Sorry again for these questions .....

Thanks

You an always go back to 4.3.3 with shsh. But you can't go back to 5.0 anymore no matter what you do.

Thanx so much,
    At least, I have a chance of spare iOS to downgrade in hand till now which is 4.3.3 in case of future Apple's security issues

I'm not able to get a straight answer, since iFaith 1.4 was released it is now possible to save SHSH Blobs + APTicket to restore to that ios which is directly dumped from the device. Musclenerd stated in another thread to start using TinyUmbrella for 5.0.1+ as it now saves APTicket. So does that mean TinyUmbrella can grab the blob + APTicket from apple's server? If that's the case then is it saving my iPad 2's 5.0.1 blob + APTicket while i'm still on 4.3.3?? Can anyone answer this?

Thanks

From what musclenerd said I would say it is. Only way to know for sure is to ask him. Good luck getting a response though. You may have more luck asking tiny umbrella creator on twitter (@notcom).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

pviana13 (2011-12-20)

Thanks Simon

Quote Originally Posted by RRoD420 View Post
    I'm not able to get a straight answer, since iFaith 1.4 was released it is now possible to save SHSH Blobs + APTicket to restore to that ios which is directly dumped from the device. Musclenerd stated in another thread to start using TinyUmbrella for 5.0.1+ as it now saves APTicket. So does that mean TinyUmbrella can grab the blob + APTicket from apple's server? If that's the case then is it saving my iPad 2's 5.0.1 blob + APTicket while i'm still on 4.3.3?? Can anyone answer this?
    that's the same question I have. And I've tried making TU recognize iFaith and Redsw0w blob files without success.
    i'm not sure why iFaith and Redsn0w processes says they've sent the blobs to cydia but TU can't see it.

i've just posted the following on a new thread:

"Hi.

My Tiny Umbrella has only my 4.1 blob.
    I've done a regular Apple restore to 5.0.1 and then I've been able to get the blob files directly from my device using both redsn0w and iFaith.
    Both says they've sent it to Cydia server.
    When I got to Tiny Umbrella and order it to 'save SHSH' from my device it still doesn't find the 5.0.1 blobs, just the 4.1.
    I've tried copying the iFaith and redsn0w blob files to the Tiny Umbrella repository folder but TU is unable to load them.

HOW DO I MAKE TINY UMBRELLA RECOGNIZE BLOB FILES FROM REDSN0W OR iFaith???

THANKS y'all!"

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    From what musclenerd said I would say it is. Only way to know for sure is to ask him. Good luck getting a response though. You may have more luck asking tiny umbrella creator on twitter (@notcom).
    thanks Simon, sent notcom a tweet.... let's hope he replies...

Cydia now shows not only 4.3.5 but 5.0.1 for the first time ever. It's an iPad 2 do we still not know if this is enough to restore after apple isn't signing it? Still no clarification from musclenerd or notcom regarding A5 and blobs+APTicket?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

TinyUmbrella, the famous SHSH blobs saving tool for both Windows and Mac has now been updated to version 5.00.07. This new update however is much bigger than just support for saving SHSH blobs of the recently released iOS 4.3.5. TinyUmbrella v5.00.07 also allows you to upgrade iPhone 4 baseband when you want to.

why are you posting previous news? TinyUmbrella is up to 5.10.03

Default iTunes 3014 error
    Hi
    I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 running 5.0.1 and it is stuck in that startup loop. I am using tiny umbrella and I am following the steps that you gave. The only problem is that I'm getting the 3014 iTunes error and I don't know why?
    Please help.

Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast