Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1465

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jaybell4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Tried that and all I get is "i-tunes will not activate phone. Please call the cellular company". Arrrrrgh! what a pain!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Sorry, out of my depth with the verizon iPhone. Maybe call them and see what they say, although they will probably just tell you that you need to update.

Simon, Can you help,

I keep trying to restore my iphone4 and it just keeps going back into recovery mode after restore with error -1
    Any ideas

Thanks

Error 1 is a baseband issue (assuming it happens near end of process). Either use tiny umbrella's "fix recovery" button (you need to go into DFU for this) or restore to a custom firmware.

The phone is not jailbroke, just as is

how do i know what custom firmware to restore to , i tries I.O.S 5 and when i pressed shift and restore and chose the file it said not compatible

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

kashvii (2011-10-27)

Hi Simon,

Unchecking the "set hosts to cydia" was what fixed the 3194 (thanks!)....however, when the whole restore process is finished, the screen gets stuck on the apple logo with an empty status bar underneath....under normal circumtances, the status bar fills up/finishes very quickly when a restore completes and you get to the slide to emergency screen soon afterward. But not this time. I have tried this on three different computers and rebuilt a new custom fw....but the same results (get stuck on the apple logo with an empty status bar after the restore is complete in iTunes). Any thoughts?

Again, Im the guy from post 977 who is trying to install a custom io5. The custom fw was created using the latest snowbreeze.

many thanks man

Thanks

Are you choosing to hactivate the custom firmware? If so do not, make another one and choose to not activate the custom firmware.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

kashvii (2011-10-27)

Simon....

you my friend are a genius....that worked! lesson learned: dont try to hacktivate ios5 when creating a custom fw. Major props to you and many thanks!

cheers!

Simon

It's a White iphone4 it has had no updates so I guess it is the standard software that comes on the set?? Luke I said it's not jailbroke and is on O2 in the UK

Can you advise. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You get error 1 when restoring to 5.0 on it?
    Na, basically I changed the LCD on the set then tried to update to 5 got error-1 and now it's just in recovery and I can't restore it at all.

I tried using tiny umbrella to exit recovery but it just keeps looping constantly. Like I said the set is not jailbroke so I don't know whether that makes a difference

Thanks

You shouldn't be getting error 1 when restoring to 5.0. Very odd. Do you have access to a Mac or just windows?

You shouldn't be getting error 1 when restoring to 5.0. Very odd. Do you have access to a Mac or just windows?
    Na I got the error minus when I tried to update to 5. I am not getting am error message when I try to restore it just keeps looping. I.e. Trying to restore then found back into recovery mode and I can't get it out of recovery mode?

Just windows

Thanks

So if you try and restore to 5.0 you get no errors but just end up in recovery after it?

You aren't using tiny umbrella during the restore are you?

Basically I plug the phone into iTunes through a USB. Try and hit restore and it doesn't work just goes back into recovery mOde. I tried using tiny umbrella and pressing exit restore but alas same result. Still goes straight back to recovery. So then I read about reboot using the firmware file, so tried to do that but the file I downloaded said it was not compatible. I'm not really fussed about what software version it runs on I just want my phone back. Help me I'm going mad

Please help... I've been bouncing around every website I could find, trying to downgrade my iPhone 4 from ios 5 to any ios.
    I got all kind of errors and problems, until I found this topic... I saw that I did had an SHSH saved with TinyUmbrella (ios 4.3.3), so I downloaded this ipsw, followed the tutorial and to my surprise, iTunes passed all the previous errors!!!!

However, it got stuck at "Preparing iPhone for restore" with my iPhone showing the apple logo and an empty progress bar.
    After a while I hear that windows sound, when a usb device is disconnected, and I get the Error 20.

Tried different cable and usb port... no succes.

Anything else I can do?

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: As I was writting this post, I was trying to restore one more time, and the restoring process went a bit further! I passed the "Preparing" part and got to the "Restoring" part, but again, it gave me another error, just error (2), this time.

This can't be... I've came across almost all error codes possible... Everytime I get a little bit further, just to get another error code.

Please help =/
    Last edited by DanielFox; 2011-10-27 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bakerbaz04 View Post
    Basically I plug the phone into iTunes through a USB. Try and hit restore and it doesn't work just goes back into recovery mOde. I tried using tiny umbrella and pressing exit restore but alas same result. Still goes straight back to recovery. So then I read about reboot using the firmware file, so tried to do that but the file I downloaded said it was not compatible. I'm not really fussed about what software version it runs on I just want my phone back. Help me I'm going mad
    No error number? Nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by DanielFox View Post
    Please help... I've been bouncing around every website I could find, trying to downgrade my iPhone 4 from ios 5 to any ios.
    I got all kind of errors and problems, until I found this topic... I saw that I did had an SHSH saved with TinyUmbrella (ios 4.3.3), so I downloaded this ipsw, followed the tutorial and to my surprise, iTunes passed all the previous errors!!!!

However, it got stuck at "Preparing iPhone for restore" with my iPhone showing the apple logo and an empty progress bar.
    After a while I hear that windows sound, when a usb device is disconnected, and I get the Error 20.

Tried different cable and usb port... no succes.

Anything else I can do?

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: As I was writting this post, I was trying to restore one more time, and the restoring process went a bit further! I passed the "Preparing" part and got to the "Restoring" part, but again, it gave me another error, just error (2), this time.

This can't be... I've came across almost all error codes possible... Everytime I get a little bit further, just to get another error code.

Please help =/
    Try a different computer if you can.

No error number? Nothing?

Try a different computer if you can.
    No error numbers now Simon. Just stuck in loop.

Thanks

Try restoring to 5.0 again and let me know what error you get. Make sure you have the latest itunes installed first.

Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast