Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Its up to you. A fresh restore to 4.0.1 may help. If you decide to go to 4.3.3 make sure you use a custom firmware made with pwnage tool or snowbreeze so that you preserve your baseband so that you can still unlock after.

hmm, i saw that there is a new jailbreakme that supports 4.3 through 4.3.3. would that be in my best interest? or is that just going to complicate things since i´m unlocking. thanks simon!

edit: and in this case i wouldn´t be using tinyumbrella since apple is still signing those iOS´s right?
    Last edited by doitchinkstyle; 2011-07-07 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by doitchinkstyle View Post
    so i got a quick question, i am on 4.0.1 and everything on my phone is messed up. i lose service after installing a few random apps, and my youtube has not been working for the longest time.

so my question is, should i just use tinyumbrella to restore and unlock on 4.0.1, or would changing my iOS be easier for a j/b and unlock? thanks!
    Before you restore try reboot the device by press the power and home key down together until apple logo comes up then release both and let it reboot. If that does not work then you have no choice but to restore.. Check with TU and see what SHSH was saved and restore to your liken. I would also recommend you to sync all contact, photos, notes to windows contact or outlook, do a backup with iTunes. After you restore with a custom firmware to keep your unlock!! Do a new setup of phone and sync music files back to your phone then sync contact, notes and photo from windows contact or out look, sorry you need to redownload all apps. This way what ever cause the mishap won't be "SYNC " back to your device!!!! You don't have iPads bb of 06.15.00 do you??

Jailbreak 3.0 will work if you don't need to preserve your bb for unlock. Secondly there is an issue with jailbreakme 3 "camer roll" don't work keep an eye for update to fix it.
    Last edited by Neil001; 2011-07-07 at 12:36 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Do not use jailbreakme.com if you need to unlock. You need to use pwnage tool or snowbreeze.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Neil001 (2011-07-08)

I just j/b my iPad 2 with jailbreakme 3 too easy!!!!!! I read on dev. Blog something about the camera problem, but can't find it now. Did you hear anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil001 View Post
    Before you restore try reboot the device by press the power and home key down together until apple logo comes up then release both and let it reboot. If that does not work then you have no choice but to restore.. Check with TU and see what SHSH was saved and restore to your liken. I would also recommend you to sync all contact, photos, notes to windows contact or outlook, do a backup with iTunes. After you restore with a custom firmware to keep your unlock!! Do a new setup of phone and sync music files back to your phone then sync contact, notes and photo from windows contact or out look, sorry you need to redownload all apps. This way what ever cause the mishap won't be "SYNC " back to your device!!!! You don't have iPads bb of 06.15.00 do you??

Jailbreak 3.0 will work if you don't need to preserve your bb for unlock. Secondly there is an issue with jailbreakme 3 "camer roll" don't work keep an eye for update to fix it.

yeah i've been doing this whole j/b thing since i bought the first iphone. so i know all the basic stuff... thanks for the refresh tho!

Do not use jailbreakme.com if you need to unlock. You need to use pwnage tool or snowbreeze.

gotcha. i would thank you, just because ur a laker fan, and still are after the past season. but you truly have helped me quite a bit, and i really appreciate it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

doitchinkstyle (2011-07-08)

Im getting an 1601 error after trying to restore

This is what I have done:

-Enter DFU mode Iphone 3GS. Iphone screen completely black
    -tiny umbrella: start TSS server
    -Itunes: shift+restore button, select downloaded 4.3.3. firmware
    -Itunes begins extracting software and then start preparing iphone for restore

-after 5 min of thinking Itunes give 1601 error

Repeat steps but this time not in DFU mode but in recovery mode as my iphone is completely empty because I erased everything in settings of my iphone

-Tiny umbrella: now sees recovery devices and I can select save SHSH witch I coudnt before with DFU mode.
    when I press it nothing really happens
    -select start TSS server
    -open Itunes select shift restore and select downloaded firmware 4.3.3.
    -itunes begins extracting software and preparing iphone for restore.

-after 5 minutes of thinking Itunes gives 1604 error

I hope this is enough info to help me! because Im at a dead end dont know wtf to do!! please help!

Thanks

Are you trying to restore to a custom 4.3.3 firmware?

Are you trying to restore to a custom 4.3.3 firmware?
    Yes, I wanted to delete all the content while my iPhone was jailbreaked then I couldn't restore anymore. Tried this out and I get this error.

Thanks

You need to use redsnow 0.9.6rc18 to enter pwned DFU first before you can restore to a custom firmware. Otherwise you will get that error.

After i used redsnow, then I can restore using Tiny umbrella? Or dont I have to use it at all

You dont need tiny umbrella at all for that process.
    Hey I tried it with redsnow. all went ok.
    after that I got the usb cable - itunes icon.
    So I went to Itunes selected the same ipsw I browsed using redsnow.
    It went past the "preparing iphone for restore section but after restoring it said: error 1015?

What did I do wrong?

Im not sure if it is custom firmware. Does the IPSW file you select with redsnow change into a custom firmware? If yes then I got an 1015 error with a custom firmware.

Thanks

No it does not. The ipsw you use with redsnow is a regular firmware. You need to use pwnage tool or snowbreeze to make a custom firmware and restore to that.

No it does not. The ipsw you use with redsnow is a regular firmware. You need to use pwnage tool or snowbreeze to make a custom firmware and restore to that.
    ok il try that
    Last edited by grasmaaier; 2011-07-13 at 04:01 PM.

Default 1013 Error; can't get out of Recovery
    I've gone through the last 20 pages of this thread, but am stuck and would appreciate any help.
    I have an AT&T iPhone 4, running 4.2.1, jailbroken. Wanted to upgrade to 4.3.3. Checked Cydia, saw I had 4.3.3 blobs stored, used TU to save locally. Downloaded from Redmondpie the stock 4.3.3 fw.
    Tried to restore to 4.3.3 in iTunes, with TU running and NOT pointing to Cydia. Got 1013 error. Tried it with TU pointing to Cydia. Same error. Tried it without TU running. Same error. Manually edited Hosts file to comment out all gs.apple redirects. Same 1013.
    Went into DFU mode and started TU and tried "Fix Recovery". No joy.
    Found a FAQ that suggested I needed fixrecovery43.exe to break out of this loop. Downloaded, extracted, but it won't run because zlib1.dll is missing?
    I'm on a Windows 7 (64 bit) machine and I do not care about preserving my baseband as I do not need/want the unlock.
    Thanks in advance for any help/enlightenment!

UPDATE: OK, found a site (jaxov.com) that explained my situation exactly and pointed to a link to download the missing .dll file. Once downloaded (and placed in the same folder as fixrecover43.exe), I was kicked out of the loop and had an iPhone updated to 4.3.3 and ready for restoring my backup. Hope that helps anyone else having the same problem
    Last edited by rogerinnyc; 2011-07-20 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Update

iPhone in recovery mode and wont restore to 4.3.3
    Ok So i was on 4.3.2 and my iphone couldnt be rad by itunes and i couldnt sync at all unles i restored it . So i needed some music so i decided to restore it but i kept getting errors for the update so now i just want to restore my iphone to 4.3.3 but i keep getting the 3194 error saying it cant be restored ? any HELP please ?

Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast