Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

Default iphone 3G
    I did use it to revert from 4.2.1 to 4.1 and it does upgrade the baseband which has isnt what I wanted to do but I didnt read all 55 pages but I can always buy a I-4phone which I've wanted to do,you never know someone or group might come up with a way to sign the firmware but I am sure apple would jump all over that.
    Last edited by vtails; 2011-05-06 at 03:32 AM. Reason: It's called TESTING!!

m with iphone 3gs fw 4.0.2 yesterday tried to upgrade to 4.3.2

first i make custom firmware with snowbreeze 2.6 and get my fone in dfu mode and i saw snowbreeze exploiting ireb to my fone....then i shift+restore in itune , after extracting and verifying itunes give error 1600 and says my fone is in recovery mode ..i tried 4-5 times but can't go with it....iphone screen is black and itune is detecting it.....
    i tried Ireb/tinyumbrella individually to get the loop or my fone into normal state by hitting exit from recovery or dfu...but nothing worked....and some one help me out what the hell with it.....
    power 10 sec
    power + home 10sec
    release power but home 20 sec dfu mode i used.....
    my 6-7 ipsw files are corrupted ...like i download them use it in snowbreeze...and i shift_restore through itunes and give him customfirmware file and it says now the file is corrupted....
    and i have used tinyumbrella with tss server on and it results to me same thing....kindly please

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Reboot your computer. Then use redsnow 0.9.6rc15 to enter pwned DFU. Then restore to the custom firmware in itunes.

I used pwnagetool 4.3.3 for mac today and made a custom 4.3.3 ipsw. It made it, I did the dfu mode, went to itunes, alt-restored with the custom module and it got all the way through but then I got an err 1600. Tinyumbrella 4.3 doesn't see my iphone, so I'm not able to use it to kick out of recovery mode. The only thing that sees it is itunes, but I can't load 4.3.3custom or 4.1custom now.

Ideas? Thanks

Thanks

You need to use the DFU button in pwnage tool to enter pwned DFU first before you can restore to a custom firmware. Try rebooting the computer if it didnt work the first time doing it.

I know I'm not supposed to do anything with the SHSH files, but they are not appearing in itunes after clickicking TSS server. How do i select the ipsw files?

Thanks

4. To restore simply press “Start TSS Server” then open itunes, hold down shift(windows) or option(mac) then press restore (tiny umbrella only supports restore not update). A window will open where you can choose the firmware that you want to restore to
    this

Yes. I got that part. Ive read over and over as well.
    Ive been trying to say for the past 3 posts,
    upon shift clicking in itunes, the window appears, but it doesnt show any of the files that tinyumbrella has saved for me because they are in .shsh but that window that popped up would only show me .ipsw files

Does anyone know the root of this problem or the solution to this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by winnietzp View Post
    Yes. I got that part. Ive read over and over as well.
    Ive been trying to say for the past 3 posts,
    upon shift clicking in itunes, the window appears, but it doesnt show any of the files that tinyumbrella has saved for me because they are in .shsh but that window that popped up would only show me .ipsw files

Does anyone know the root of this problem or the solution to this?
    You have to choose the .ipsw file. You do not select the .shsh files.

its not there.

Thanks

You have to download the firmware you want to restore to manually. Then you point itunes to that firmware.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Does Tinyumbrella use cydia servers to backup the SHSH? I'm trying to downgrade a iPhone 4 whose SHSH I saved using TinyUmbrella but I did it on a different machine. Will this matter?

Thanks

It normally uploads the SHSH it has saved to cydia if cydia doesnt have them already. So you should be able to save the same ones on a different machine.

where do i download the firmware?

Thanks

Downloads section at the top of the page. Use firefox to download it.

Oh, I see now.
    So, in order for my phone to successfully restore to a previous firmware, I must fulfill these two criterias which are:
    a) shsh blob must be saved
    b) download the wanted firmware

Is this correct?

Okay, neat. Thanks, Simon.
    I just took a look at the firmware list. What is the difference between CDMA and GSM?

I see. Thanks!

Page 41 of 74 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast