Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

I've tried running TU with iTunes opened, closed, after running software update, after restart, etc., etc....

I'm a lifelong Windows guy and just bought this Mac last week, so my ability to tinker or look for anything out of place is nil. Any suggestions for an extreme Mac noob would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Nothing I can think of off hand. Try googling the issue to see if anyone else has come across it. What iTunes version do you have btw?

iTunes 10.2.2.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

You have the latest iTunes and tiny umbrella. Not sure sorry

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

tahoejace (2011-04-22)

Thanks for trying anyhow, Simon. It's not an emergency, just frustrating.

Thanks

no prob, if you figure it out let us know what fixed it

Found a solution. Removed iTunes & Quicktime, restarted, re-installed them, then tried TU again and got it to work. Weird.

Thanks

That was weird. At least you got it working now though

I just wanted to confirm, if i save my blob with TinyUmbrella, will i be able to click update in iTunes and then use Redsnow or another tool to jailbreak and unlock? I'm currently unlocked on baseband 1.59.00.

Thanks

If preserving baseband is what you want to do then custom firmware is your safest bet. use pwnage tool or snowbreeze to make custom firmware.

Ok, it has to be absolutely custom firmware? I was able to keep my baseband last time around using TU when updating to 4.1 but that method won't work this time?

Thanks

Technically you can still use tiny umbrella to get to 4.3.2 and preserve your baseband but it is more risky than custom firmware and it is quite a pain to get out of recovery after getting the error 10XX.

The only way to jailbreak now on Mac is using Redsn0w or PwnageTool right?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

BobbyW (2011-04-27)

Quote Originally Posted by ChicoBlack View Post
    I tried that already but no one has responded. Guess no one else has had this problem. I was thinking if maybe there is a cache on the phone that might need to be erased on the phone that has left over info. after the downgrade and jailbreake that could cause the conflict. I read this somewhere on how and where to do it, but that was a long time ago. Do you know what Im talking about.

The other option I was thinking about was to restore and jailbreak again see if that fixes it.
    Hey i have the call failed issue too when i downgrade from 4.3.1 redsnow to 4.2.1 greenpoison.

I am thinking bb 4.10.01 or restore from backup is causing the conflict..

Unhappy Help on understanding how to use TinyUmbrella
    Hi guys, I need a little help about SHSH blobs.

I don't know how to restore my phone with previously saved firmwares on tinyumbrella.

after running tss server, and shift+click 'restore' on itunes,
    the files do not appear because the window that pops up will only shows files that ends with .ipsw, while my blobs ends with .shsh

In the meantime, I am not in an urgency to restore, but I would like to know how it would be done if I ever need to.

I've been scratching my head over this for sometime. Could someone give me some clarity on this?

Thanks

First things first. Connect your device and press save SHSH to see what you are able to save. Whatever SHSH you are able to save with tiny umbrella are the firmwares you can restore to.

I have saved my SHSH blobs. I am able to see the files, if I manually open from my desktop.

However is in itunes after shift+click 'restore' (and after clicking 'start tss server'). The window that pops up doesn't show the shsh blob file that I would like to restore to. infact it doesnt show anything that isnt .ipsw

There are however, only 2 folders with one called 'cache' and the other, 'known devices'. The contents of these folders can't be seen either, since it ends with codes like .jar and .plist

This is how it appears
    Last edited by winnietzp; 2011-05-03 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Did you read the first post of this thread? You dont need to actually do anything with the SHSH files. Tiny umbrella uses them automatically when you start the TSS server. In itunes you are supposed to point to the firmware file (.ipsw)

Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast