Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

I keep getting the following message whenever I attach my iPhone 3GS to Tiny Umbrella. It reads "Cannot start TSS Services, Do not try restoring your device, htpd (PID:36) must be killed!!" What does this mean?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

It means something running on your computer is blocking/using the port the TSS server uses. You need to find out what that is and close it out.

Okay let me re-itterate my issue. I successfully downgraded my I4 from 4.3 to 4.2 and jailbroke using greenpoison. My I have ran into two issues. First, I can talk to anyone on the phone as ordinary and the minute the other caller hangs up first, my screen shows call failed. THis only happens when the other caller hangs up and it happens after every call. Second issue is that the phone toggle on sbsettings does not wanna come up either. I tried to adjust the setting in the sbsetting options, but still nothing. Don;t know if this is related to the first issue or not. ANy suggestionshow to fix?

Thanks

Not too sure what could cause that sorry. Maybe try making a new thread with the issue to see if anyone has come across something similar.

I tried that already but no one has responded. Guess no one else has had this problem. I was thinking if maybe there is a cache on the phone that might need to be erased on the phone that has left over info. after the downgrade and jailbreake that could cause the conflict. I read this somewhere on how and where to do it, but that was a long time ago. Do you know what Im talking about.

The other option I was thinking about was to restore and jailbreak again see if that fixes it.
    Last edited by ChicoBlack; 2011-04-10 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

It may have something to do with restoring from a backup (if thats what you did) last time you restored. You may want to try restoring and setting up as new first to see if the issue is still there when you do that.

Did you use custom fw or original fw 4.2.1?

I got the firmware from this this sight from the link that is on the first post of this thread

İf that is original fw, it should not be a problem. I was gonna say if you used custom fw try to use original one. Other than that i dont know.

Do you think by restore the phoe again and jailbreaking it over again can help

I would give it a shoot.

But dont do the latest fw restore. Do exact same process you did before.

ok gonna try it

Okay, well I did it all again the same way I did before and it is still doing the same thing. Thinking about just upgrading back to 4.3 if I can find a fix for this. I like greenpois0n but I guess redsnow will have to do till greenpois0n comes out with the jailbreak for the 4.3
    Last edited by ChicoBlack; 2011-04-10 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Okay here's my situation.
    For some reason i can no longer download any themes for my iPhone 4 running on iOS 4.2.1
    I saved my SHSH using iSHSHit on the Cydia app and from Tiny Umbrella
    I have iOS 4.2.1 firmware downloaded from the second link in the guide.
    What I'm trying to do is restore (Not upgrade nor downgrade) to iOS 4.2.1
    I noticed on how some people had some errors. like the error 100X which you said on the guide was to click on "Fix Recovery" to solve it.
    I don't want to mess up but this is what i know so far. Am i messing anything?
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

When you get that error code 1013 put your device in DFU and apply GreenPois0n.

Quote Originally Posted by RonHC View Post
    Okay here's my situation.
    For some reason i can no longer download any themes for my iPhone 4 running on iOS 4.2.1
    I saved my SHSH using iSHSHit on the Cydia app and from Tiny Umbrella
    I have iOS 4.2.1 firmware downloaded from the second link in the guide.
    What I'm trying to do is restore (Not upgrade nor downgrade) to iOS 4.2.1
    I noticed on how some people had some errors.
    like the error 100X which you said on the guide
    was to click on "Fix Recovery" to solve it.
    I don't want to mess up but this is what i know so
    far. Am i messing anything?
    Try this before you restore!! Reboot your device hold down the power button and home key at the same time until the apple icon shows up and release both and let it boot up and see if that works before you restore to 4.2.1
    To restore back to 4.2.1 is very simple, First what. Is your bb #? do you need unlock? Give us that info and we can decide what our next step is.....

hi im in recovery mode and i get error 1061 when it is preparing to restore...idk woot to do

I'm trying to install Tiny Umbrella but when I click on the package it immediately gives me an error message, "You must have iTunes installed!" I have the most current version of iTunes installed, but I'm new to OSX so I could certainly be missing something simple. Help!

I believe so, "TinyUmbrella-v4.32.01.pkg" downloaded yesterday.

Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast