Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

Quote Originally Posted by Neil001 View Post
    First of all what device are we talking about? Secondly do you have the 4.2.1's saved if not then you can only update to 4.3.1 and at this time it's only tethered and in beta form, I don't personly like test stages. The untethered jb for 4.3.1 is soon to be release, I'm not sure if it can preserve your bb for unlock, if not then I hope you have your 4.2.1 SHSH save then you can create custom firmware via snowbreeze to jb while preserve your bb and unlock with ultrasnow.
    I use an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 on it, baseband 1.59.00 and in Cydia i see that i have blobs saved for 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.2b3.

That's good news you have the ability to choose any one of those iOS to restore to. Now you must decide what to do, you can upgrade to 4.2.1 or 4.3.1 and here's the difference with the 4.2.1 u need to create cfw with sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 jb/preserve your bb and unlock with ultrasn0w, this has been proven to work w/o any bugs as for upgrade to 4.3.1, as of now it's a tethered jb and still is in beta form the official jb for 4.3.1 redsnow is to be release any day now, but dont know if it will preserve your bb for unlock. So you can wait until redsn0w release and see if it will preserve your base band for unlock, if it doesn't then 4.2.1 is your best bet!!
    using tu to upgrade to 4.2.1 wil preserve your bb but you still need to j/b it so why do things twice so use snowbreeze 2.2.1 to create cfw to j/b and then ultrasnow to unlock...........
    Last edited by Neil001; 2011-04-03 at 09:04 PM.

That's good news you have the ability to choose any one of those iOS to restore to. Now you must decide what to do, you can upgrade to 4.2.1 or 4.3.1 and here's the difference with the 4.2.1 u need to create cfw with sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 jb/preserve your bb and unlock with ultrasn0w, this has been proven to work w/o any bugs as for upgrade to 4.3.1, as of now it's a tethered jb and still is in beta form the official jb for 4.3.1 redsnow is to be release any day now, but dont know if it will preserve your bb for unlock. So you can wait until redsn0w release and see if it will preserve your base band for unlock, if it doesn't then 4.2.1 is your best bet!!
    using tu to upgrade to 4.2.1 wil preserve your bb but you still need to j/b it so why do things twice so use snowbreeze 2.2.1 to create cfw to j/b and then ultrasnow to unlock...........
    Thank god i know some of the tools otherwise i would have been lost with the acronyms. The only one i don't know is CFW so can you specify?

CFW= custom Firm Ware :-)
    google sno0wbreeze 2.2 and it will explaine how to create custom firm ware to j/b your device and also unlock with ultrasnow,
    Last edited by Neil001; 2011-04-03 at 09:30 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil001 For This Useful Post:

BobbyW (2011-04-03)

CFW= custom Firm Ware :-)
    google sno0wbreeze 2.2 and it will explaine how to create custom firm ware to j/b your device and also unlock with ultrasnow,
    Ok, no problem, i will wait for the 4.3.1 release first since i'm in no hurry. Been on 4.1 for awhile now but as always some applications force you to upgrade to the latest firmware if you want to enjoy them. Is it true that 4.3.1 has a huge battery boost in terms of length?

still too new to gather any info to make a statement, we'll see!! but good call to wait for untethered j/b for 4.3.1...... don't be the first in line, always a good idea to sit back and see what's going on first!!

ic you are a Mac user then u need pwnage tool to j/b 4.3.1 when it comes out!!
    Last edited by Neil001; 2011-04-03 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    snowbreeze wont bring any unlock with it.
    Sn0wbreeze 2.2 won't preserve baseband and allow unlock with Ultrasn0w??? Is that correct??
    I'm at 4.1 05.11.07 and need the unlock. Should I leave well enough alone?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrunner View Post
    Sn0wbreeze 2.2 won't preserve baseband and allow unlock with Ultrasn0w??? Is that correct??
    I'm at 4.1 05.11.07 and need the unlock. Should I leave well enough alone?
    Yes it will preserve your baseband.

Snowbreeze will preserve bb for unlock, but do not run ultrasnow yet to unlock due to the 4.3.1 and ultrasnow 1 singal bar issue. This is to be corrected on updated ultrasnow

I have 3 GS 4.0.2, with sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 I went to 4.2.1 and everything went well except that there was no network.
    My phone is not unlocked, using a regular network, I've marked "activate the iphone" hacktivate.
    Is this perhaps why I had no signal?
    I downgrade it to 4.0.2 and everything works great.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Yes, if you are on official carrier you should not hactivate.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

stratnik (2011-04-06)

Yes, uncheck hacktivation if u have the official sim card to activate your phone. You may have to hard boot the phone hold both power and home key until apple icon shows up. Also you may need to go setting>general>reset

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil001 For This Useful Post:

stratnik (2011-04-06)

So that's why I did not have a network. OK I'll try to update to 4.2.1 with sn0wbreeze when I get home. Thanks guys

Edit
    OK successfully upgrade with sn0wbreeze on 4.2.1 with preserved BB 5.13
    and excellent signal.
    Guys thank you for the help.
    Last edited by stratnik; 2011-04-06 at 02:44 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

stratnik (2011-04-30)

Quote Originally Posted by stratnik View Post
    So that's why I did not have a network. OK I'll try to update to 4.2.1 with sn0wbreeze when I get home. Thanks guys

Edit
    OK successfully upgrade with sn0wbreeze on 4.2.1 with preserved BB 5.13
    and excellent signal.
    Guys thank you for the help.

Since you're on 4.2.1 you can open Cydia >search ultrasnow>scroll to locate ultrasnow >install>confirm>respring Cydia >home key > hard boot (press power button and home key together until apple icon shows up release both and let it boot up and that's it!!!!

Now your phone is unlock!!!!!!
    Last edited by Neil001; 2011-04-06 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil001 For This Useful Post:

stratnik (2011-04-30)

Ok so here is my dilemma, I have an I4 which was jailbroke on ios 4.1. I tried to upgrade to 4.2 but my phone got stuck on recovery mode. Afterhours of trying differnet things I ended up upgrading all the way to 4.3. Good news is that i have saved the shsh for 4.2.1 on tiny umbrella. I had renamed the host file, did the hold shift and hit restore on itunes and selected the firmware while running TU and tss server running and 3/4 of the way of restoring I get a 1013 error code. I tried to exit recovery using TU, to no avail. I DL recboot and that did'nt kick it out of recovery either. ANy suggestion, my phone is still stuck in recovery.

When you get 1013 error code, put your device DFU mode(not recovery). Then do greenPois0n. It will be ok.

How do I put it in DFU mode if it is stuck in recovery

Press power and home button together. When it is shut down, wait one second and release power button. Keep pressing home button for 10 sec. Screen must stay in black. İf it is black it should be in DFU. try it both way connect to computer or disconnect to computer.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to mertbah For This Useful Post:

ChicoBlack (2011-04-10)

Okay, I got it to work finally. Now the only issue I am having is that everytime I get a call and the other person hangs up, my screen shows as call failed. Any thoughts as to what is causing this, Anyone?

Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast