Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

some peope don't have any problem with it others do, so its your choice. once you upgrade there is no turning back!! thats why i said to wait a week or so I'm almost sure snowbreeze jb for 4.3.1 will be release. will it come with unlock who knows. give it a week or two.
    Last edited by Neil001; 2011-03-30 at 11:06 PM.

just wishful thinking, don't bust my bubble

Well I have been trying this for hours now. I am very frustrated.

iPhone 4 previously JB on greenpoison 4.2.1.

I do have SHSH saved and have tinyumbrella running. Tried downgrading to 4.0.1 several times and progress would just stop. Tried botting out of recovery with TinyUmbrella, recboot, blackra1n and limera1n. Limera1n finally booted it out of recovery mode but now I am getting the "Connect to iTunes" screen on my phone and iTunes now says that it can't connect because it received an invalid response from the phone.

Can anyone help before I seriously flip??

Ok I got my phone booted up somehow. It just randomly started up.

But now I cannot restore from my backup because it says the software version is too old.

I am searching the forum now to try and find a solution, but any help would be greatly appreciated guys. thanks a lot
    Last edited by LanCo Rider; 2011-03-31 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You will need something like juicephone or iPhone backup extractor to get your stuff from a higher firmware backup.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

LanCo Rider (2011-03-31)

I just restored from a slightly older backup and it let me. Not sure why a backup from about 2 months ago will work, but not one from this evening. Oh well

If it doesn't have everything I had on there, I will use the iPhone backup extractor like you mentioned. Thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

It's just something iTunes does for whatever reason. That backup you were able to restore from probably was from the last time you synced with the same firmware you are on now.

All I know is that I am NOT updating this thing again unless something completely groundbreaking comes out. This was a serious pain.

If absolutely necessary I will go back to 4.2.1

lol....

I just decided to put it back on 4.2.1

I pray to God this goes a little more smoothly.

4.0.1 has service issues that I always had before. I thought that maybe I just needed to restore, but I see it is acting funky again. So I am going to put her back on 4.2.1

fml haha
    Last edited by LanCo Rider; 2011-03-31 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

what is the best tool for untethered jb beacuase greenpois0n doent work for me and i hate the hastle of restoring the phone with pwntool or redsnow is there easier options for 4.2.1 jb untethered

Man... I am running into the same issues again now that I am trying to get back on 4.2.1

TinyUmbrella is up and running. Restore seemed to go smoothly but now I am just getting the "connect to Itunes" screen again. I used RecBoot to kick me out of recovery mode, but it just goes right back to the connect to Itunes screen again. What the heck?

Any help from the masters?

This thing is so temperamental. After trying everything I finally got the phone to boot up and exit recovery mode from DFU with GreenPoision. So strange. It is restoring from my backup now so I will see if the Greenpoison loader is on the home screen when I can open it up. Hopefully this works because it is 2 am and I am so ready for bed.

* So I got it all done, let it restore from my backup and all that fun stuff. No phone icon, no SMS icon, no Settings icon, nothing like that. I did not have them in categories or hidden previously in the jail break. So Once again I restore this damn thing. This time I suppose I will set it up as a new phone instead of from the backup.

Looks like tonight may be an all-nighter. I shouldn't have even messed with it. It was just acting so laggy that I feel I needed a restore but I was not counting on all these issues. Wow
    Last edited by LanCo Rider; 2011-03-31 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I got more bad news for ya! On your last restore you should have sync contact, photo, notes, etc to window contact or outlook, before you restore again and setup as new instead from backup. Unless you have 3rd party app to pull those info out and into your phone you may have to do the "restore from backup ( with all the info you want) then sync everything over to window or outlook. Restore the phone again, setup as new then sync what you can from itune and then all the stuff you can't get from itune will be at window or outlook just sync them back!!!

Thanks

Edit your host file by adding 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

@ whiteman on what device? i4, 3GS or 3G?
    Last edited by Neil001; 2011-03-31 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil001 View Post
    I got more bad news for ya! On your last restore you should have sync contact, photo, notes, etc to window contact or outlook, before you restore again and setup as new instead from backup. Unless you have 3rd party app to pull those info out and into your phone you may have to do the "restore from backup ( with all the info you want) then sync everything over to window or outlook. Restore the phone again, setup as new then sync what you can from itune and then all the stuff you can't get from itune will be at window or outlook just sync them back!!!
    I have a Mac. It backs up everything automatically.

I just set it up as a new phone then went through and manually selected the pics/videos, apps, and songs I wanted to sync again. It was still a serious pain the arse and I was up til 5AM before I got everything set back up again. FML

I also got the art of restoring to a lower software version down last night. If I had known just what to do from the beginning, this wouldn't have taken me nearly as long.

I let the restore go until it gets "stuck" at 95% or so and doesn't move anymore. I then throw it into DFU mode, run GreenPoison and it boots right up already jailbroken.
    Last edited by LanCo Rider; 2011-03-31 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Good for you, it gets easier next time

Good news, snowbreeze untethered jb for 4.3.1 is about to be release. It doesn't come with unlock :-(
    Last edited by Neil001; 2011-04-01 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh reeaally? I think I might actually update to this one. 4.2.1 seems to be a little buggy at times.

It's actully redsnow not snowbreeze, it should be release any days now!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil001 For This Useful Post:

LanCo Rider (2011-04-03)

If i'm on iOS 4.1 with baseband 1.59.00, how do i go about to upgrading without losing my baseband?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyW View Post
    If i'm on iOS 4.1 with baseband 1.59.00, how do i go about to upgrading without losing my baseband?
    First of all what device are we talking about? Secondly do you have the 4.2.1's saved if not then you can only update to 4.3.1 and at this time it's only tethered and in beta form, I don't personly like test stages. The untethered jb for 4.3.1 is soon to be release, I'm not sure if it can preserve your bb for unlock, if not then I hope you have your 4.2.1 SHSH save then you can create custom firmware via snowbreeze to jb while preserve your bb and unlock with ultrasnow.

Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast