Page 31 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

3GS on 3.0.1, BB 04.26.08
    SHSHs on file for 4.0 and up
    If I use tiny umbrella to restore to 4.0, or 4.0.1, will it update the baseband to what those BBs were, versus the current (unlockable) BB? Or does itunes automatically update to the very latest BB?
    I need the unlock, but want to get my software at least to something at 4.0. (doesn't need to be the latest)

Yeah make sure u have to edit host property list

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bellbm View Post
    3GS on 3.0.1, BB 04.26.08
    SHSHs on file for 4.0 and up
    If I use tiny umbrella to restore to 4.0, or 4.0.1, will it update the baseband to what those BBs were, versus the current (unlockable) BB? Or does itunes automatically update to the very latest BB?
    I need the unlock, but want to get my software at least to something at 4.0. (doesn't need to be the latest)
    It will update your baseband to 5.13.04 which is still fine for unlocking. Just stay away from 4.1 and up unless you make a custom firmware with no baseband update in it.

preserve the baseband in pwnagetool during custom firmware

Default Keeping Jailbreak & Unlock w/ 3G on 4.0.2 & 5-13-04
    Hello all.. I am newbie and started and the first page..

I downloaded F0rcast and it just gives an install error and closes.. How do I find my bootloader version without that program ?

I would like to goto 4.2.1 to try the new apps that are out..

I am in Tampa, FL and using Simple mobile as a carrier.. $60 all unlimited. ;-)

So I have to stay unlocked..

Cydia had been crashing with only trying to go to the changes tab.. I can install and remove ect but whatever is in that changes "queue" or cache.. how do I find out what its stuck on ?

F0recast is way outdated sorry. try and reboot and then un-background cydia then go to list of installed packages and cancel

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD_Licious View Post

I downloaded F0rcast and it just gives an install error and closes.. How do I find my bootloader version without that program ?

Cydia had been crashing with only trying to go to the changes tab.. I can install and remove ect but whatever is in that changes "queue" or cache.. how do I find out what its stuck on ?
    Do you want to find out your bootloader, or bootrom?
    Last edited by Gr0undBreak1ng; 2011-03-21 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD_Licious View Post

You need to make a custom 4.2.1 firmware with either pwnage tool or snowbreeze and restore to that. That will preserve your baseband so that you can still unlock after.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You need to make a custom 4.2.1 firmware with either pwnage tool or snowbreeze and restore to that. That will preserve your baseband so that you can still unlock after.
    Just using F0recast alone won't do him any good, right?
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Thanks

No, not really. If he uses f0recast 1.2 he can find out good info like baseband/bootloader etc though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Gr0undBreak1ng (2011-03-21)

Ok. I get it. Thats the tool to to find out that useful info.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Thanks

Ya, you were right though, it is a bit outdated but can still be useful in some situations.

Yeah. my friend was making a reincarnation(discontinued). Is it developed by ih8sn0w?
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Ok. I thought it was an unlock at first.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

You can upgrade to 4.0.1 nothing above that with TU it will upgrade your bb as well but it's still unlockable with ultrasnow. Or go for the gusto all the way up to 4.2.1 by creating custom firmware with pwnagetool if your on Mac or snowbreeze if your on pc to j/b and unlock with ultrasnow. By using pwnage or snowbreeze to jailbreak and preserve your old bb, this would be the road I take!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Neil001 For This Useful Post:

stratnik (2011-04-04)

The baseband preservation option makes it so when you update to a newer firmware that is pwned it disables one of the .plist keys and makes it </false> so when you update to a newer pwned firmware your baseband stays the same, thus unlockable with Ultrasn0w.
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

What do you mean
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Another word, well said

Thanks

Baseband preservation is possible both ways: via PwnageTool and Sn0wbreeze and/or just
    changing a key to </true> or </fasle> in a property list. It is the same process as enabling features
    not included in your firmware or current iDevice.

Glad I could Help,
    Gr0und
    Last edited by Gr0undBreak1ng; 2011-03-22 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CHAZER99
    PWNDEVTEAM

Page 31 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast