Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error when trying to restore on iphone 4

Default Error when trying to restore on iphone 4
    I have a JB iphone 4 with 4.0. Im having the usual battery problem and I figured I would just restore it back to 4.0 so I don't have to worry about it. I downloaded the 4.0 software for the iphone 4 from iclarified and when I hit shift and restore in itunes, it looks like its going to work but I get an error message when it verifys the restore with apple. Is this because apple wants me to update? Phone is still working fine and I saved my shsh to cydia with tinyumbrella, but I am totally confused on how that works and I would prefer just to go back to 4.0 without a JB for now. I did this a while back with my 3g without a problem (using another software) but I can't figure it out on my iphone 4. if someone knows something that I don't please let me know. thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Open tiny umbrella, press start server then try the restore again.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Open tiny umbrella, press start server then try the restore again.
    Tried that, and know thhere is a new error after it extracts the file. its error 3002.. any other ideas?

Thanks

First try restarting itunes, if that doesn't work restart the computer then try. If still getting that error try it on another computer if possible.

First try restarting itunes, if that doesn't work restart the computer then try. If still getting that error try it on another computer if possible.
    Still didn't work. If I use another computer then I can't restore to my original settings. if I upgrade to 4.0.2, can i downgrade back to 4.0.1, since I have my shsh saved on cydia?

Thanks

You can use another computer to restore then plug the iphone back into the original computer and restore your backup. If you go to 4.0.2 you will probably have the same issue when trying to downgrade to 4.0.1, so just try another computer first if you have access to one. Have you ever modified your hosts files by any chance?

You can use another computer to restore then plug the iphone back into the original computer and restore your backup. If you go to 4.0.2 you will probably have the same issue when trying to downgrade to 4.0.1, so just try another computer first if you have access to one. Have you ever modified your hosts files by any chance?
    I havent modified the files.. well at least not that I am aware of.

Got it figured out. I was implementing 4.0 software when I had the shsh for 4.0.1. Unfortunately for me, as of now, my battery hasn't gotten better. It still drops about the same as it did wen it was jb... O well..
    Last edited by tacomaoffroad; 2010-08-23 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sometimes setting the phone up as new after a restore can help with battery issues. There may be something in your backup that is causing the battery drain.

Thanks

especially if the backup was created from a jailbroken phone

Yea, I'll give that a try. I'm at 93% battery and I have about 43 minutes of use on wifi and 3 hours of standby. No phone calls. I guess it's not too bad, but I remember wen I first got the phone, that the percentage would barely move.

Thanks

that's about right since according to apple you get about 10 hours of wifi out of a full charge

Default Error 3002
    Okay here's the senario, I just got an Iphone 4 with the ioS (4.0.2) from a carrier locked . I want to degrade the firmware so that i can jailbreak it with jailbreakme.com. I've tried the 4.01 files copied to 4.02 method,I've tried tinyumbrella which causes error code 3002 and I have even tried the normal way of restoring the phone (option/shift+restore) method but none seems to be successful. I cant seem to think of anyother way of degrading the firmware.

Can you guys please help me out?? Thanks....

You cannot downgrade without SHSH for 4.0.1
    How do I know if my firmware is capable of being downgraded or not? I have a 4.0.2 ip4 that has wifi connectivity issues and the firmware is 1.59.00 and never been jb before. TU was only able to save 4.1 so idk if I jailbreak and open cydia, if cydia will be able to save past versions? thanks for your help!

Thanks

If tiny umbrella was only able to get 4.1 SHSH then that is all you can restore to.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

pimpsterritard (2010-10-25)