Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4.0.1 restore pleaseeeeeeeeee helpppp!!!!!!!!!!

Default iphone 4.0.1 restore pleaseeeeeeeeee helpppp!!!!!!!!!!
    i have a iphone 4g 16gb running 4.0.1 its already jailbroken using jailbreakme i have att i did the unlock for fun and now the battery is dying quick so i uninstalled the unlock and the battery is still draining fast, can anyone help me do a full restore to 4.0.1, if i save my shsh to tinyumbrella will i be able to recover or what can I do because apple isnt signing anymore please help meeee

Ok go DL new factory restore from modmi Dl section for your device .. Don't use one u already have-- it's tainted ! Then run shsh thing in tiny and Manuel restore by holdn shift down n point to your New restore software u dl.. Gl or reply more ??
    Last edited by cybrneil; 2010-08-22 at 07:10 AM.

ok thx for the reply but where do i find the new factory restore thing in the dl section? so basically after i download the new factory restore thing i should run shsh in tiny then go into into itunes hold shift and point it to the new factory restore thing i downloaded? instead of the normal apple ipsw ppl download when they want to manually restore?

ok i downloaded the ipsw from modmyi im gona run tiny and see whats up thx

Ok I got an error 3004 thru iTunes maybe less then a min after the process because tiny is saving my shsh as 4.02 any ideas?
    Last edited by aloushi08; 2010-08-22 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

If you didn't save your SHSH for 4.0.1 then you will not be able to restore to 4.0.1. Open cydia and see what SHSH you have for your device at the top of the first page.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    If you didn't save your SHSH for 4.0.1 then you will not be able to restore to 4.0.1. Open cydia and see what SHSH you have for your device at the top of the first page.
    just to save some time too, if you have your SHSH go to umbrella and go to advanced options and get your 4.0.1 SHSH..... then start the TSS server and go into iTunes and do a shift+restore for windows, and a opt+restore for a mac... then select a downloaded 4.0.1 firmware... and the rest is pretty much done by itself....

Default Iphone 4g 4.0.1 error 3194
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon7034 View Post
    just to save some time too, if you have your SHSH go to umbrella and go to advanced options and get your 4.0.1 SHSH..... then start the TSS server and go into iTunes and do a shift+restore for windows, and a opt+restore for a mac... then select a downloaded 4.0.1 firmware... and the rest is pretty much done by itself....
    Hi dragon7034; the option that you explain is not working for me, i tried with umbrella (TSS server), and changing the host server file; and i have the same problem: error 3194 on itunes when a tried to restore my ihpone 4g 4.0.1. I save my SHSH in Cydia and in my PC with umbrella, about a week ago, so i donīt know whatīs the problem. I think that itunes 9.2.1.5 uses a diferent "host" file, not the same stored in windows\system\drivers\etc.

Thanks.