Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about Cydia backing up my SHSH...

Default Question about Cydia backing up my SHSH...
    To make a long story short...

I bought an iPhone 4 about a month ago and it was jailbroken and Cydia had 4.0 and 4.0.1 backed up. However, my iPhone's home button was not working properly and also unit shut off randomly.

I was able to exchange unit and was lucky enough to get the store's last iPhone with 4.0.1 - Question is, will Cydia just keep saying "This device has pending TSS request" now that supposingly Apple has stopped signing that iOS? Or does it take a few days for this to be backed up? Kind of making me nervous...

Thanks

I've seen a TSS take a day or so to go through. It all depends on server traffic I guess. If Apple stopped signing, it'll say that forever though.....or until you jailbreak it again on a different OS. Not sure if Apple is still signing 4.0.1 though. Apple has to be CURRENTLY signing the OS version for Cydia to store SHSH files.

From what I have read, Apple stopped signing them on 8/19. So that means there's no way to have Cydia backup my SHSH for 4.0.1 or can I manually have it backed up so Cydia can? Or am I just out of luck until the new iOS comes up and gets jailbroken?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You wont be able to back up any SHSHs for anything below 4.0.2 regardless of what you do.

So, attempting to backing up the SHSH for tiny umbrella will not work manually?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

There's no reason not to try using TinyUmbrella to see if Cydia has your SHSH. But if you started the request after the 19th, the likely result is that it's not there.

You have nothing to lose for trying, though.

As the others have said it is the same issue, if Apple stops signing 4.0.1 Cydia and/or tinyumbrella will not work, here is the post from The Firmware Umbrealla website The Firmware Umbrella: R.I.P - 4.0.1 / 3.2.1 iOS

Okay, I will stop asking. lol, I was just making sure. I'll have to wait for the next iOS firmware to be jb and then get Cydia to backup that SHSH. Thanks for all the responses.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Once Apple stops signing a certain fw you cant grab it anymore either via Cydia or TinyUmbrella.

Sure it wont hurt to try TinyUmbrella, youre just not gonna get anything except 4.0.2 blobs out of it.