Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Double Tap Causes Crash

Default Double Tap Causes Crash
    Hi all, apologies if this is in the wrong spot, the layout of this forum is a bit funny

So my problem is that when ever I double tap or long tap in a native application (Haven't noticed it with any 3rd party ones) it crashes. I mainly notice this with Notes and Safari, when I go to double tap for cut and paste or long-hold for the magnifying thingy to get the cursor in the right place, it crashes to the homescreen.

I am just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or whether its a 'hold out and wait' thing.

Sorry if I left out any info.

I have irealsms and wen double tapping to make a quick reply, whatever app is active will crash.

I get this with iTunes when I click the download button for a song (but not for movie rentals oddly enough)

Thats another thing I forgot to mention bbourizk.
    I have a question, does it only crash after you have been using it for some time or will it crash as soon as you load the app?

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

that was happening to me n i realized my home button would get stuck and if u have activator it mite b the reason

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD4 View Post
    that was happening to me n i realized my home button would get stuck and if u have activator it mite b the reason
    Nope, sorry. It's not activator and I'm almost 100% sure its a crash. Infact 99.99% sure. I don't know what you mean by the home button stuck down though

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

sorry,misunderstood,it's late sorry I hope it gets worked out

This is probably the weirdest problem I've ever heard, why don't you just restore?

Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    This is probably the weirdest problem I've ever heard, why don't you just restore?
    I don't like restoring personally, I lose all of the stuff I've accumulated. I can kinda get by with it but would prefer a different option.

I suppose I'm just being stubborn saying don't want to restore but it would be much easier if I didn't.

Thanks for all the help so far

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The majority of your stuff lost during a restore can be restored from backup file after.

I think everything, it may not be safe to save Cydia apps with AptBackup, but you could use Rock to backup your app list, and iTunes would take care of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    I think everything, it may not be safe to save Cydia apps with AptBackup, but you could use Rock to backup your app list, and iTunes would take care of the rest.
    Y do u say aptbackup isn't safe?

I can't dl anything on iTunes or app store on iPhone 4 4.0.1 jailbroken unless I go into safe mode.

Have u tried Safe mode to see if your problem persists there?

AptBackup can 1) reinstall apps that aren't compatible 2) install apps that caused your problems 3) not work

Two questions, apologies if they're kinda stupid. One: how do you get into safe mode and two, rock backup doesn't back up your settings and preferences does it?

In sbsettings hit the power button then select safe mode

Ok, got that. In safemode it's all good which makes me suspect a extension that I have installed. I'll try deleting action menu and see where that takes me.

Update 1: Ok, deleting action menu fixed it for me. Will now try reinstalling it

Update 2: I just reinstalled action menu and it's working all good. Thanks everyone for the help
    Last edited by Qwertimis; 2010-08-24 at 05:05 PM.

There is a way to get it by terminal but the most common way is in powers settings in SBSettings.

In rocks settings it says that the iTunes backup backs up settings for all apps including jailbreak apps, but most people recommend restoring from a backup, because it can bring back any problems you've had.

what's action menu? and how did u figure out that was the problem?

Action menu gives you more options in the menu where you copy, paste, cut, etc.

Thanks

I have this same probleme! is there a fix yet?! I am running ios 4.1 on iphone 4.

I have the same problem on my Iphone 4 running 4.1, jail broke with limera1n and greenpois0n! Someone plz help me!
    Last edited by Therockie20; 2010-11-12 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast