Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade to 4.01

Default Downgrade to 4.01
    Well, in an earlier post, I had a weird problem with Cydia. I lost all my core icons on my jailbroken iPhone 4 4.0. Cydia had always shown SHSH on file for 4.0. After I lost my core icons including Cydia, I re-jailbroke (I know not recommended) and got Cydia back. When I opened Cydia, it showed SHSH for 4.01 and 4.02 even though I had never upgraded. Anyway I was stuck in a loop of Connect to iTunes - Apple - Connect to iTunes constantly looping. Tiny Umbrella could not kick out nor could Recboot. Anyway, my only alternative was to upgrade to 4.02. Since I had SHSH on file with Cydia for 4.01, I assumed this was safe. Foolish me - now I get error 3194,and tiny umbrella shows SHSH for 4.02 even though I never asked to have it saved. My question is that I continue to try to downgrade to 4.01, but should I try 4.0 which Cydia had saved before I had all the problems?

Well downgrading didn't work. Someone in an earlier post had said that even though Cydia showed 4.01 and 4.02, that since before I had the issues, I had SHSH on file for 4.0 that the server would still have it. Apparently not. I have the hosts file correct to point to the right IP. Have restarted computer, DFUd the phone - all the normal items
    Last edited by normdepal; 2010-08-21 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

under the advanced tab in tinyumbrella you can try to get your shsh's for 4.0 and 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 from cydia to see which ones it actually has, whichever shsh's it has then you should be able to restore to that firmware, you can use tinyumbrella to start a tss server once you save your shsh's to your computer and restore from there (it will automatically edit your host file to point itunes back to your computer)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

normdepal (2010-08-21)

Default downgrade to 4.01
    Great - Will try and see!

Well no luck. Ran Advanced and asked it to retrieve 4.0 SHSH blobs and it said not available. Apparently, when I rejailbroke, it erased any record of the phone in Cydia
    Last edited by normdepal; 2010-08-21 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

which shsh's were you able to get from cydia? 4.0.1 or just 4.0.2 or both?