Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I really don't understand shsh blobs

Default I really don't understand shsh blobs
    Does Cydia get these from the device, or do they download them from Apple? If they get them from Apple, I understand then. But yesterday I got my iPhone 4. Jailbroke it. Did the make my life easier thing. Didn't really pay attention to anything. So I wanted to restore because I wondered if the Jailbreak was causing battery drain and if it is normal for wifi to stay on during standby. Well it acted the same. Well it's now 4.0.2, and Umbrella is saying Cydia doesn't have my shsh. So I am absolutely screwed? Why did they just not release a jailbreak that didn't take Apple 1 day to patch?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Cydia gets the SHSH from Apple. Apple stopped signing 4.0.1 yesterday evening I believe so it looks like you just missed being able to get your SHSH. As far as releasing a jailbreak that was patched quick, that was just the nature of the jailbreak. Somethimes they are patched quick (was actually a little over a week for this one) sometime not. Even a quickly patched jailbreak is better than no jailbreak at all.

Dam, just my luck! It probably cut off in the middle of downloading the blob.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Yeah that sux. There should be another jailbreak out when 4.1 comes out though, so it's just a matter of time.

Ah, September is soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Whats up in September?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

4.1 is in September