Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone stuck.... aaahhh help.

Exclamation iPhone stuck.... aaahhh help.
    Hello all,

I am new to this forum and seems you guys have a lot of info and most likely the best people to help me.

My problem:

My wife's 3GS won't load up. Apple logo shows up and then it cuts back off. I was just going to do a restore so I put it in DFU mode then iTunes mentioned that it will upgrade the FW to 4.0.2. I am running 3.1.2 on the S and did not want to upgrade. It is jailbroken and unlocked with Blacksn0w and we're using it on T-Mobile.
    Then I decided to upgrade then downgrade. Good thing I was reading first and notice a lot of talk about SHSH blobs, etc. All of that means nothing to me really. At this point though I guess I cannot back it up. Additionally, my wife's iPhone was not backed up on our Macbook but on my HP laptop and unfortunately the HD burned out.

So where do I go from here?

Thanks

when you jailbroke it initially did you hit the make my life easier button in cydia?

I did that on my 3G and not the 3GS, the one that has the problem.

Thanks

is it an old or new bootrom (iBoot) 3GS, you can use iDetector to find out

I believe it is old but I'll check when I get home, I'm at work now.

Thanks

do you have to re run the jailbreak whenever you turn the phone off and back on or does it boot normally (before this boot loop you are having currently)

It boots normally.

Anybody?

I guess spending hours searching and reading this forum helped me get most of my answers. I will be restoring to 3.1.2 and then re-jailbreak and re-unlock my 3GS. I noticed though that I have to choose a custom firmware because I am not active with AT&T. I saw the links to it. Must I do this or will any FW work?
    Last edited by Jurrassikk; 2010-08-21 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

With the current jailbreak (JailbreakMe) you have to be able to activate the phone before you can unlock. Either with ANY aTT sim or with a phonebook sim (with the right tutorial). If you found a custom firmware that is activated and you trust it you could try it, but I don't know much about that.

So once I restore my 3GS to 3.1.2 (what it's using now), I have to use jailbreak me? To jailbreak and unlock?

JailbreakMe is good as long as you can activate. Redsn0w 0.9.2 will work on old bootrom 3GS. If you can't activate and have new bootrom maybe a custom firmware is the best option for you.

Thanks

no jailbreakme will not jailbreak 3.1.2 inly 4.0 and 4.0.1, a new bootrom will not accept a custom firmware but since you have the old bootrom you will need to download or create a custom 3.1.2 firmware with pwnagetool and restore to that, once you have restored you will already be jailbroken so all you will need to do is unlock with ultrasn0w which you can get from cydia, since you didn't save the shsh's for 3.1.2 then you will only be able to restore to a custom 3.1.2, also since you rely on an unlock make sure the custom firmware is "activated"
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-08-21 at 04:43 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Uh, jailbreakme does indeed jailbreak 3.1.2 and up.

Thank you, that's why I said it :P

Thanks

my bad , but either way he has no 3.1.2 shsh's so jailbreakme is useless for him, it will have to be a custom 3.1.2 firmware
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-08-21 at 08:33 AM.

I'm sorry if I am asking too many questions but how can I be certain that it is "activated," will it mention it or must I create the custom fw and then activate it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jurrassikk View Post
    I'm sorry if I am asking too many questions but how can I be certain that it is "activated," will it mention it or must I create the custom fw and then activate it?
    since you have a mac (i have posting from my phone up to this point so i wasn't sure what operating system you were on) use pwnagetool to create a custom 3.1.2, activating the firmware is an option that you will select during the building process, once done building the firmware pwnagetool will start the restore process for you, it's a pretty simple process, here is a guide that will walk you through the process so once you start you will have an idea of what to look for and what to do.... iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool [Mac]

17. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

Jurrassikk (2010-08-21)

Definitely trying this when I get off work...

Finally about to restore through iTunes and get an error msg... "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored (1600)" What does that mean?
    Last edited by Jurrassikk; 2010-08-21 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you can use the phone and not just an emergency call you're activated (as far as I know).

The phone does not boot up at all... Now I think it is stuck in DFU mode because it does not light up and everytime I connect it to iTunes it ask to restore the device. I used Pwnage Tool to make a custom fw and that's when I got that error msg when I tried to restore it.

Did a quick search, check out this website USE SOLUTION 3, I have had to do this before, so hopefully it will work for you.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to korin125 For This Useful Post:

Jurrassikk (2010-08-22)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast