Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help

Default Please Help
    So im trying to restore my iphone 4 to 4.01. I have saved shsh on file through cydia and have updated the host files. I downloaded 2 different ispw's from 2 different websites and I get the same problem every time. I have also tried restarting as well.

Every time i restore it using the shift method in itunes the restore progress bar in itunes goes about 98% complete and stops and on my iphone 4 its about 3/4 way complete and then stops and does nothing the rest of the time. Im currently on my 4th try restoring it. The past 3 times I have waited at least a half hour each time to cancel it and start over.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I have attached a screen shot of what itunes look like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled.png  

Thanks

when you cancel it is the phone in stuck recovery mode afterwards? if so use tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery and see if the restore was successful, I have restored my wife's twice and mine once and it error out all 3 times, I kicked it out of recovery and all was fine (the restores were actually successful)

I just tried to use the tinyumbrella method and the phone just goes right back into recovery mode. any other suggestions?

Thanks

try a different computer, USB port, download another 4.0.1 ipsw, try the restore from dfu mode or recovery mode

5. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

cbailey85 (2010-08-20)

FYI it has to do with wifisync being installed on your computer. uninstall wifisync and everything works fine. Thanks for your help.

Thanks

glad it worked out and thanks for the FYI