Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Core icons missing

Default Core icons missing
    Never had this problem before, and have searched for 3 days to find anyone with the same issue. My core icons, Mail, Calendar, Calculator, Contacts are gone on my iPhone 4. Settings doesn't show them either (Mail, Calendar, Contacts), however, in the Phone app I can see all my contacts, and I have Lock Calendar, which reflects my Calendar entries on the Lock Screen. I had lost Cydia also, but re-Jailbroke and got it back. Tried to restore but get every type of error imaginable. Prior to the icons disappearing, I had SHSH on file for 4.0, which I am still running. Now when I go into Cydia after the reinstall, it shows SHSH on file for 4.01 and 4.02, but have never upgraded to them. SHSH for 4.0 is not there anymore. Additionally, all my Cydia apps (inorotate, 5 icon dock etc) are in my Setting screen, but do not show in Cydia packages. Even my paid apps from Cydia don;t show, but when I reloaded them, Cydia recognized them as purchased. Have reloaded them all. I truly have no idea what is going on, but since I can't restore (unlocked as I am not on AT&T), I could use some ideas.

Thanks

if you know someone with an AT&T micro sim you need to restore, it is never recommended to rejailbreak an already jailbroken phone, if you don't know anyone with an AT&T micro sim you may be able to find one on eBay, not sure what errors you get when you are trying to restore but I have had to restore my wife's iPhone 4 twice and mine once, every time I got an error about 60-75% through the restore (saying it couldn't be restrored), I just used tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery mode and all was fine, if you had 4.0 shsh's on cydia then they are still there, you can use tinyumbrella to retrieve them just to verify they are there and then restore

Default Core Icons Gone
    Will give it a try - have an AT&T micro sim.

Thanks and we will see how it goes!