Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Urgent Help with Iphone JB

Default Need Urgent Help with Iphone JB
    I've been having a weird problem with my JB Iphone 4(not a software issue, but actually a hardware one), and so if the genius bar has to give me a replacement, how can I remove my jailbreak on this phone, and when I get the replacement, if it has 4.02 can I still jb it, or is there something I need to do before I go in to the store?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Restore. You cant jailbreak on 4.0.2. If you have SHSHs restore to anything but 4.0.2.

I feel like if its hardware problems and not your fault (ie you dropped it or water damaged it) then theyll replace it. Problem is hopefully they dont give you a phone with 4.0.2 on it.

I dont have the shshs, can you explain what I need to do?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well you cant restore to anything except 4.0.2 without SHSHs. If youre expecting that theyll replace it then just restore to it and get rid of the jailbreak.

If youre not sure if theyll replace it or if they replace it with a 4.0.2 device, youre kind of screwed out of jailbreaking for a little while...

And no I dont know when the new JB will be out for 4.0.2...
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-20 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nothing I can do right now as far backing up or whatnot?

Thanks

Just sync it with iTunes, perform a restore. When you get your new phone, Restore from backup.