Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: BigBoss needs to step their game up

  1. #1
    Default BigBoss needs to step their game up
    We need SpringJumps for this new JB, that is all

    who gave this one star? It's been like a month and they still haven't figured it out? These dudes were slavin for how long to get this JB to work? and we can't even fully appreciate it because a bunch of stuff doesn't work yet. Actually know that I think about it they waited for the 4 to come out before they did the new JB so they were able to JB the iPhone quicker then BigBoss could get one app to work hahahah show your face coward.
    Last edited by TheGuiltyPleasure; 2010-08-20 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator j3st3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,447
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 405 Times in 395 Posts

    I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you ported it to the new iOS, oh wait you can't or you wouldn't be on here asking him to hurry, be patient, it's possible there are no plans to port it anyway

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

    jkmonkey (2010-08-20)

  4. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life jkmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,433
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 254 Times in 245 Posts

    BigBoss isn't the author of springjumps sooooo he really doesn't have any control over when it gets updated.

  5. #4
    Retired Moderator j3st3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,447
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 405 Times in 395 Posts

    ^^^^^^
    what he said

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    BigBoss isn't the author of springjumps sooooo he really doesn't have any control over when it gets updated.
    Okay well it says BigBoss... I guess they shouldn't take credit for something if they don't want criticism? Especially when it was quicker for a team to JB a new device then for them to update one app

    I know I'm not the only one that JB'd mainly so they could have a new setup and it's kind of frustrating when EVERY other app you need is available about 10 of them and this ONE is still not and this ONE app is preventing you from doing what you want to do/fully enjoy the new JB we have all patiently waited for.

    So like I said... BigBoss step your game up or stop claiming SpringJumps and whoever is the author of SpringJumps, step your game up. It's going on a month....
    Last edited by TheGuiltyPleasure; 2010-08-20 at 12:20 PM.

  7. #6
    Maybe they're busy, maybe they discontinued it, or maybe it doesn't run well on ios4.

    I'm sure it would take you a lot longer than a month. If your here to complain do us a favor and go buy a droid.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to PWNsyst3m For This Useful Post:

    Aldog18 (2010-08-20)

  9. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    649
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 81 Times in 75 Posts

    One app doesn't work on iOS4? bawls, I am missing a lot of apps from iOS4, but I'm waiting like 99.9% of other people, not moaning like a pansy, shhh and wait like everyone else.

  10. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,824
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    It says bigboss because it's in his repo. That doesn't mean he created it. Step up your game, port the app, or get back to the end of the line.

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

    jkmonkey (2010-08-20), neodude237 (2010-08-20), Poseidon79 (2010-08-20), PWNsyst3m (2010-08-20)

  12. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life jkmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,433
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 254 Times in 245 Posts

    ^^^ exactly. If you go to the app, look right up at the top where it says author.

  13. #10
    Dude I hope you pay for all your apps in cydia. Then you have some merit to *****. But if your not, shut up and just be happy or update it yourself.

  14. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Will01 View Post
    One app doesn't work on iOS4? bawls, I am missing a lot of apps from iOS4, but I'm waiting like 99.9% of other people, not moaning like a pansy, shhh and wait like everyone else.
    I tired being nice, I was just throwing that out there hoping someone had some information or an alternative app but then people had to smart A's.

    Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    ^^^ exactly. If you go to the app, look right up at the top where it says author.
    That's like saying if you have a problem with your iPhone don't blame apple, blame Jobs. I see a big name for the app and that's who I blame.

    Btw, I see BigBoss was kind enough to write a bunch of BS on the app now... But nothing about when they think this will be updated.

    Oh yeah and it says "Installation problems should be send to the person who helped make the package. known as the "maintainer" contact *drum roll* BigBoss

  15. #12
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 105 Times in 91 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuiltyPleasure View Post
    I tired being nice, I was just throwing that out there hoping someone had some information or an alternative app but then people had to smart A's.



    That's like saying if you have a problem with your iPhone don't blame apple, blame Jobs. I see a big name for the app and that's who I blame.

    Btw, I see BigBoss was kind enough to write a bunch of BS on the app now... But nothing about when they think this will be updated.

    Oh yeah and it says "Installation problems should be send to the person who helped make the package. known as the "maintainer" contact *drum roll* BigBoss
    1. You weren't "nice", look at the thread title for crying out loud, it's demanding and makes you seem entitled.
    2. That's idiotic, blame the author of the app, not BigBoss, he just provides HOSTING, like Apple does for their App Store. And your analogy comparing who to blame sucks. That's as stupid as blaming Ford if your car gets a flat tire, blame the tire, not the car company. Cydia clearly states the author of SpringJumps is "Optimo", contact him about it.
    by the way, I was the one who rated the thread one star
    Last edited by neodude237; 2010-08-20 at 09:59 PM.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

  16. #13
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    "Installation problems" have NOTHING to do with being compatible on a higher firmware. OMG. Should I ban you now or after the next stupid thread you continue to ramble on in?!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

    soulthoughts (2010-08-21)

  18. #14
    And why exactly did you give this 1 star?

    And you obviously didn't read the last thing of my post. BigBoss is responsible for maintaining the app not the author.

  19. #15
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 105 Times in 91 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuiltyPleasure View Post
    And why exactly did you give this 1 star?

    And you obviously didn't read the last thing of my post. BigBoss is responsible for maintaining the app not the author.
    Because this thread is useless, and the author is responsible
    for submitting updates to BigBoss, stop blaming him. You're inability to understand
    this is amusing. BigBoss didn't create the freaking app.

  20. #16
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Maintaining the app means he hosts it and is responsible for pushing updates in Cydia from the original Dev. He did not write the app and he is not responsible for it in that respect.

  21. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Maintaining the app means he hosts it and is responsible for pushing updates in Cydia from the original Dev. He did not write the app and he is not responsible for it in that respect.
    Ok, they should probably re-word that.

    Now I'm curious not trying to be a smartA but if everybody is a good samartian and buys their apps.. What is the point of JBing? Aside from a few cool features, you cannot do any of the cool layouts for your phone because apps are not compatiable yet and nobody knows if they will be.

  22. #18
    iPhone? More like MyPhone gsmumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    182
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts

    Why should they rewrite that when everyone seems to understand what it means aside from you? What is the point of JBing? So far every single thing except for no accessory splash worked that I tried. I don't know what you mean by you can't do any of the cool layouts because you can. One app doesn't work. Just because it is the entire basis for you jailbreaking your phone I will bet you money that you're alone on that one.

  23. #19
    Retired Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,099
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuiltyPleasure View Post
    Now I'm curious not trying to be a smartA but if everybody is a good samartian and buys their apps.. What is the point of JBing? Aside from a few cool features, you cannot do any of the cool layouts for your phone because apps are not compatiable yet and nobody knows if they will be.


    Another one that thinks jailbreaking is about piracy. You missed the whole point of jailbreaking.
    It is not about stealing.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

    Poseidon79 (2010-08-23)

  25. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmumbo View Post
    Why should they rewrite that when everyone seems to understand what it means aside from you? What is the point of JBing? So far every single thing except for no accessory splash worked that I tried. I don't know what you mean by you can't do any of the cool layouts because you can. One app doesn't work. Just because it is the entire basis for you jailbreaking your phone I will bet you money that you're alone on that one.
    You guys understand because you have been into this for awhile. When regular people see "BigBoss is responsible for installing problems and BigBoss is responsible for maintaining the app" Who am I suppose to think is responsible?

    And screen shots of your setup?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post


    Another one that thinks jailbreaking is about piracy. You missed the whole point of jailbreaking.
    It is not about stealing.
    And what is one of the main features of jailbreaking that doesn't involve piracy? Creating your own setup. And you cannot do that right now... I know for a fact you cannot use the Whitoken themes and I imagine you cannot use a lot of the good ones because how are you suppose to use them when you cannot download the app that allows you too add different pages to themes? Unless you guys like using a one paged theme

    Btw, I could careless about free apps. The whole reason I JB'd is because of the theme I wanted, hence why I am so frustrated.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •