Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BigBoss needs to step their game up

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

4.0 added several new things and changes. It takes time to update to those and sometimes developers stop working on things, sometimes they are working on a better app, sometimes they are working on updating the current app. It takes time to develop and fix things. Please be patient something will come along or the theme creators will adapt with a different app.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuiltyPleasure View Post
    Y
    Btw, I could careless about free apps. The whole reason I JB'd is because of the theme I wanted, hence why I am so frustrated.
    You could download a working theme and learn to mod it to your liking. Amazing what one can learn via Google.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    You could download a working theme and learn to mod it to your liking. Amazing what one can learn via Google.
    A one paged theme? no thanks. And sorry I'm not as computer savvy as you guys, I already tried doing it on my own/following a tutorial and look where that got me.

I feel like the moons would have to align for you to pull off a nice setup considering one app can mess everything up.

Thanks

And that is how some things go too. There are some good themes out there to use for now while you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    And that is how some things go too. There are some good themes out there to use for now while you wait.
    Valid point, I guess I just freaked out because I saw people talking about a JB for 4.0.2 and I'm like holddd uppp. We are missing a bunch of features for this JB, lets focus on one thing at a time.

Anyways, I'm scared to do another one while I wait because I'm not computer savvy and I imagine it's hard to undo But do you have any suggestions or links for some nice setups?

Thanks

Themes are probably the lowest priority item in the jailbreak community. Sorry. And DEMANDING your new theme from someone who already develops for free out of love for the game is dumb. It will have zero positive results here. It's YOUR phone and YOUR responsibility. Spend some time and read up and gain a wealth of knowledge and meet some bad*ss people that'll help you in a jam. Theme wise, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 will be basically the same. Delays are due to MAJOR iOS overhauling. That being said, key pieces of the OS may be altered in iOS 4.0 to prevent the running of a previously loved theme or app. They changed alot of stuff in 4.0. These people who do this have careers, families, friends and a whole life to live outside of coding free sh*t for us. Keep it in mind and be grateful and patient. And as for setups, I don't like themes. I've tried themes. Always trash. Always slow my phone down, junk it up, make it crash, and NEVER work as well as Apple. My $.02. Good luck dude....

Thanks

Actually Themes are still a massive part of why people jailbreak.

Inculding myself. I do love a few apps out there and there are many useful ones but themes is why I jailbroke in the first place and they are still one of the first things I install.

BigBoss and Modmyi are probably the best know repositories. They are the people that host the .deb files that the authors submit. The apps is labeled to be by Optimo so you could bug him or maybe you shouldn't because he doesn't have to just because someone like you wants to bug him.

Thanks

Yes, they ARE a huge driving factor for a lot of people to jailbreak in the first place, but their priority on developer's "to-do list" is low, and that's what I was telling the dude. Be patient or build your own theme.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

IF ur panties r in a bunch y dont u step ur game up n figure out how to do it urself like u said these people work long and hard on this stuff n put it out 4 us n meatheads like u talk sh*t,thats y Geo left the scene they dont owe us nothing so shut up n wait or stop being lazy n swipe 2 switch pages

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD4 View Post
    IF ur panties r in a bunch y dont u step ur game up n figure out how to do it urself like u said these people work long and hard on this stuff n put it out 4 us n meatheads like u talk sh*t,thats y Geo left the scene they dont owe us nothing so shut up n wait or stop being lazy n swipe 2 switch pages
    I think it's a little more complicated then just swiping to switch pages... And I'm suppose to believe these guys haven't jailbroken their iPhone4 yet? So they want to enjoy the fruits and then not hold up on their end of the deal? If I was any good at computers and could make a app to help JB'ers out I would, it's the least I could do. But I don't have those set of skills. I guess I'm a different type of person though these guys are just greedy. That's cool... Whatever floats their boat.

Indeed, why don't you just have stuff in folders or Categories?

Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    Indeed, why don't you just have stuff in folders or Categories?
    I do, I have everything in folders and categories but the next step for the theme I want is I need to be able to create different pages for the theme.

I don't know, I'm following a tutorial... This was my first time JB'ing and the main reason I did it was for this setup. I have done research and asked multiple people and I'm under the impression, you need this app to create good setups. Unless you want a one paged theme... Could you even fit everything on one page? I don't know...

Hmm, I could deffinately get everything on one page if I wanted, but I don't. I don't really like SpringJumps at all, but there are interesting alternatives like Overboard (I don't know if it's updated).

Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    Hmm, I could deffinately get everything on one page if I wanted, but I don't. I don't really like SpringJumps at all, but there are interesting alternatives like Overboard (I don't know if it's updated).
    It says it shows an "overview of SpringBoard pages" so I'm assuming you need SpringBoard? Doesn't SpringBoard just allow you to have more rows and columns?

What kind of setup do you have? Is there a thread somewhere on this site where people show off their setups or something?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Reasons to jailbreak my phone:
    irealsms or any other SMS app that gives quick reply
    Mywi to share my Internet with my iPad
    All the cool tweaks like istrings and shrink and iconoclasm and infinifolders and infinidock... Etc
    Sb settings - shortcuts and hide icons
    Bosspaper - rotate my background every 10 seconds
    Activator - change how everything functions
    Display out - export the screen to my tv
    Change my fonts
    Ultrasnow - unlock for other carriers

OMG!!!!!!!! None of those involved stealing

Poseidon - Don't get me wrong those are nice features but if you don't have them in nice layout/theme is it really worth it?

And what I want to do doesn't involve stealing...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I don't use themes.. Just rotating backgrounds. I send over 5k texts a month on avg and without quick reply I would shoot myself. When I had to use the stock SMS app for a month after the iPhone 4 came out it drove me crazy. As for the rest I was just illustrating that jailbreaking does not equal stealing/piracy.

Holy s, 5k a month!? You got phone mins? Lol jk but yeah I really like that SMS app. I don't know why apple hasn't incorporated that in a update or something? O.o We are on the 4th gem and we don't have that feature!?

But I don't know I feel like without a cool theme/setup everything is just cluttered and i feel like a unprofessional JB'er

BigBoss rules.....just thought I'd throw that in. He's helped me on more than one occasion and has never asked for a penny and even refuses any donations I've offered. I've got nothing but utmost respect for the man. Remember, alot of guys who do this programming actually have real jobs too so we've just gotta be patient. Have a good night peeps. My iPhone Rocks.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bobsco For This Useful Post:

HeavyD4 (2010-08-23)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast