Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs jailbreaking problems

Default Iphone 3gs jailbreaking problems
    I have a Iphone 3Gs 8gb iphone. It was jail broken and unlocked on 3.1.3 until my dad accidentally upgraded too 4.0. Recently I have tried to Jailbreak with no luck I tried using redsnow but for some reason in redsnow my iphone just freezes up and it says waiting for reboot in redsnow. After that I cant do anything except restore my iphone too factory and try again with no luck because I cant even turn it on after iot does that. What is the problem.

redsnow only works on a 3G

restore to factory and go to safari on your phone and point to JailbreakMe

slide to jailbreak

and your phone will be jailbroken

and always tick the "do not remind me again" to upgrade in itunes

good luck

Check to see if you have SHSH files on store, you will need to downgrade to JB now.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you dont have your SHSHs save them immediately after you successfully jailbreak.

Speaking of not having SHSHs, shift+restore to 4.0.1. since it is still being signed by Apple, you dont need SHSHs.

Proceed to use jailbreakme(dot)com in your iPhone Safari browser after the restore (youll need official carrier's SIM to acticate first).

Remember, save those SHSHs in Cydia as soon as you can. You may also use TinyUmbrella on your comp to do the same.