Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't jailbreak. What's wrong???

Default Can't jailbreak. What's wrong???
    Hi everyone. Let me start from the beginning. My Cydia was having major problems so I restored using felixbruns 4.0.1.(I d/l'ed the correct device and firmware) I now cannot jailbreak for some reason. when I go to Jailbreakme.com, the boot cycle goes fast and no Cydia pops up in my apps. Do I have to do tiny umbrella for the shsh stuff? I downloaded tinyumbrella 4.01.01 but it won't accept my password when it pops up with my name, all it does is pop up another same screen to enter the same password under the same name over and over again. I have no choice but to force quit tinyumbrella in order to get rid of that window for it will not go away if I hit cancel or re-enter the unaccepted password. I'm greatful that I didn't screw my I4 up but I would like to have a jailbreakable firmware so I can have Cydia again. Please help!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to normanyo For This Useful Post:

Alejandroloco (2010-08-19)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Are you 100% sure you are on 4.0.1? Also, do you have your shsh's backed up? If so, just follow one of the guides and restore back to it, then go to jailbreakme.com and try again.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

I am very sure I have 4.0.1. If I go to settings or even on Itunes, it will say 4.0.1 as my firmware. I tried to follow a guide to backup my shsh but the whole password issue is my roadblock. It still does it too where I'll enter the correct computer password under the name provided in the window popup but it won't accept it and I'll have to force quit to get out of that window/program. Is there something I am missing? BTW I am on a macbook, OSX, Iphone 4 and 4.0.1. Is Cydia having problems? My brother (3GS, 4.0.1) is having the same problems I was having where "dependancies" window will pop up and you aren't able to see your sections or search items in Cydia. I WANT MY CYDIA BACK!!!

Thanks

clear the cache, delete cookies, reboot, respring and try jailbreakme again.

Okay phone is completely stock and fine...but its on 4.0.2!!!I'm still having the same issue with tiny umbrella not working for it will not accept my password. I even quit the program, logged off my administrator username, and signed back in to make sure the password is correct. I really want my Cydia back but do not wanna mess my precious iPhone up. I've looked up guides for tinyumbrella on youtube etc. but I can never get passed the damn password portion area. I understand backing up your SHSH is a requirement to downgrade to 4.0.1 to jailbreak again but I can't even backup my SHSH! Can someone give me some advice to backup my shsh?

Thanks

password? what password are u talking about?

Thanks

There's no password for umbrella. Yuo can downgrade to 4.0.1 by downloading it and holding shift while you click restore in iTunes, then selecting the fw you downloaded. Apple is still signing 4.0.1 right so you DON'T need shsh's to restore to it.

Also if you can't get umbrella to work once you downgrade to 4.0.1 and get jailbroken again just hit the make my life easier button in cydia. It'll start saving your shsh's for you.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-08-19 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey guys...I managed to resolve my problems this morning and I have Cydia again!!! From the beginning, My Cydia was spazzing out where I would constantly get a "depandancies yada yada" screen and was not able to see my sections or install/remove packages. I freaked out and knew to not upgrade to FW 4.0.2 so I found the felixbruns 4.0.1 FW. I downloaded that and restored but didn't backup SHSH first. I later found that I needed to back up my SHSH prior to restoring to 4.0.1 so I d/l'ed Tiny Umbrella to backup my SHSH. I was having difficulties with the Tiny Umbrella so I gave up and just upgraded FW to 4.0.2 back to a stock functional iPhone 4. It was still bothering me that I couldn't fix it so I went back to the drawing board. A big problem of mine was I couldn't back up my SHSH so I decided to rectify the Tiny Umbrella issue first. I remember that there were device selections in the Tiny Umbrella program so I re-d/l'ed Tiny Umbrella and made sure I selected all proper respective fields. I was able to enter my password for my computer username account an it was accepted! I followed the YouTube tutorials and did all the proper procedures to successfuly backup my SHSH to Cydia. After Tiny Umbrella stated that my SHSH was successfully backed up to Cydia, I restored...AGAIN to 4.0.1 using the previously saved felixbruns Apple FW. After the restore process was done I went on Safari on my phone to jailbreakme.com and jailbroke my phone. SUCCESS!!! I have Cydia again and my firmware is on 4.0.1 with all my apps, contacts, notes etc. intact. DON'T GET DISCOURAGED! If I were I wouldn't have Cydia again and wouldn't be able to FaceTime on 3G or tether internet etc. I pretty much started back over from scratch and did all the steps correctly. I am not in the computer field for work, I just researched my topics online, read articles, and watched videos from YouTube etc. to ovrcome my issues. Perseverance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default WOW Success
    I read and read and read some more.

I did roll back to 4.0.1 it was easy ... just dl iPhone2,1_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw (the link is somewhere on this forum)hit shift and restore and it did the rest!! I have now successfully JB my phone.

3gs bought 2 months ago...