Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to upgrade iphone 3gs on 3.1.3 (new bootroom) to ios 4.0.1

Default how to upgrade iphone 3gs on 3.1.3 (new bootroom) to ios 4.0.1
    Guys finally i have managed to get an old at&t sim and now i want to upgrade to ios 4.0.1
    currently i am on 3.1.3 with new bootrrom and i have SHSH for both 3.1.3 and 4.0.1 and i have downloaded the 4.0.1 firmware ipsw file.. now please post here a tutorial on how can i upgrade to ios 4.0.1 from 3.1.3(new bootrrom)

PS: i have tried searching on icalrified but all in vain

im basically trying to do the same thing man but i been wondering how to upgrade and jailbreak and then unlock for other carriers as well.. but i wanna atleast get to the 4.0.

So can some1 pls help the two of us with this pls!! oh and i have a windows xp if this makes any difference.

may be this will work

It far easier to install TinyUmbrella from The Firmware Umbrella.

1. Run TinyEmbrella.
    2. Click "Save my SHSH" button. TinyUmbrella will grab yours SHSH blobs for 4.0.1 from Cydia because they were already saved there and store them locally on your Windows or Mac computer.
    3. Click "Start TTS Server" button. This makes the necessary changes to your host file and will restore it back to its original state when you are done.
    4. Download firmware 4.0.1 for your 3GS here, if you haven't already.
    5. Now, restore your 4.0.1 firmware in iTunes by Shift+Restore (Windows) or Option+Restore (Mac) and select the 4.0.1 firmware that you downloaded earlier.

That's it. When it finishes restoring the firmware and reboots, open Safari and goto jailbreakme.com and jailbreak your 3GS again.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There's really no need for a guide. Just download the 4.0.1 firmware and shift-restore in iTunes. Make sure there's no references to gs.apple.com in the hosts file.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.