Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4, 4.0.1 FW help

Default iPhone 4, 4.0.1 FW help
    Hello everyone. Like the title says I have an iPhone 4 with 4.0.1 firmware jailbroken with jailbreakme.com. I recently installed the 4.0.2 fake app from cydia so I can resync with iTunes. After I installed I went into safe mode and theme went back to stock. I did a hard reset but everytime I go to settings it will go into safe
    mode. Before it started to bug
    out more I deleted the 4.0.2
    fake but my system still reads
    4.0.2 under system in general.
    As it stands, going into settings
    will safe mode it, packages or
    sources will not be visible in
    manage cydia and this new
    screen "dependancy parses
    failure" or something will pop up
    when I go through cydia. I would restore but iTunes will automatically give me the latest 4.0.2 firmware and I won't be able to jailbreak. Can someone help me get my functional jailbroken phone back please? I'm not a wiz at this and don't know how to shsh a phone.

Thanks

since i'm not sure if you use a mac or pc (mouse and wheel are kinda vague) you can hold the option key (mac) or the shift key (pc) while clicking restore in iTunes and point it at your 4.0.1 ipsw (if you don't have it you can download it from the download section of this forum) and your phone will restore to 4.0.1, then you can use jailbreakme to jailbreak again (just don't reinstall the 4.0.2 faker)