Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Major problem

Angry Major problem
    I upgraded to 4.0 from 3.1.3 recently, and then tried to downgrade back to 3.1.3. The downgrade crashed halfway through, since then evry time I try to restore my phone with iTunes I get a pop-up saying iTunes can't connect to the server. I can do everything else with iTunes just not update the firmware or restore the phone to factory settings. I have jailboken the iPhone with the jailbreakme method and tried to install "five column springboard" which put the phone into safe mode. I tried to delete the package several times but kept getting a error message. I thought that maybe re-jailbreaking the iphone might work, it hasn't the iPhone is still in safe mode and now I don't even have the offending package in the files I can access. Can any body help all I want to do is restore the phone as new, upgrade to 4.0.2 and leave it there for a while

Not 100% sure about this topic but I believe you might be able to delete the file by ssh'ing into the phone. I'd wait till someone who knows more about the subject to weigh in, but this is what I believe might be a solution to deleting the package.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisAMW For This Useful Post:

Donlardos (2010-08-18)

You need an internet connection on your computer, are you sure you are connected?

What did you jailbreak with at 4.0? Oh, I see it was jailbreakme.

I am definitely connected to the internet. I used the jailbreakme jailbreak on the phone. I was having the problem with iTunes before the jail break

4.0.2 isn't jailbreakable. Why would you do that? I say if your last measure is a restore... Which I wouldn't think it would be.. Restoring to 4.0.1 or less. I'm guessing you know how to do that being you already downgraded. Also when you do downgrade it always gives you an error, but it should connect to iTunes afterward.

Read this guide a few times.. Then read it again. Downgrade iOS 4.0.2 to iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0 iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie
    Last edited by nomad707; 2010-08-18 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nomad707 For This Useful Post:

Donlardos (2010-08-18)

I'm currently on 4.0 so I will try and downgrade again to see if that will work thanks for the link seems a lot better and more detailed than the one used to try downgrade last time

Thanks very much nomad707 I followed that instruction and now have my iphone running 4.0.1 jailbroken.
    Last edited by Donlardos; 2010-08-18 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost