Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken, unlocked, now need to wipe data off

Default Jailbroken, unlocked, now need to wipe data off
    Im sure this is a pretty commonly asked qtn but cudnt find a proper answer...

I m selling my iphone 3g and need to wipe my personal data off.. but keep the jailbreak and unlock..

what should i do..??

Will it remove everything if i just sync it with a new pc??
    or do i have to set it as a new phone and then jailbreak and unlock again... which iwant to void...

please advise!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Sync to a new fake/clean iTunes account. So answer is yes to your sync to new comp question (but dont sign in to your account on iTunes).

Or restore and jailbreak/unlock again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

Just go to each piece of data such as credit card numbers, passwords, and emails and delete them. Or just restore and rejailbreak.
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

I'm with others on restore and rejailbreak but don't sync with iTunes. Just put a custom firmware on it so it hacktivates it and then unlock it.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

whats the difference if i sync it with a new pc vs rejailbreak/restore.. the second one is a lot of work and takes long compared to simply syncing it to a new pc... is there any difference of better option?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the only reason you wouldn't want to sync is because it will then have to resync on your buyers computer which is a hassle whereas if you restore and rejailbreak, it will be already for them.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

^true

Restore rejailbreak and set phone up as new. My phone came clean but synced to previous owner's account. It wasnt much trouble for me to get past tho, just synced to my comp with new iTunes account and got it under my name easily. But yeah, just do the restore.

the prob i m facing restoring is.. its forcing me to update to 4.0.2 ... for which i m not sure if rdnsow works yet...also i dont want to loose my unlock...

i shud be able to option+restore to restore 4.0.1 ipsw used in redsnow jailbreak right.. and then jailbreak?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Just build a custom firmware for 4.0 or 4.0.1 and use that to restore.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

alrite just ended up restoring/ updating to 4.0.2 and running redsnow n ultrasnow...dnthave a tmobile chip to test but i believe it shud be good.

Thanks for help!

Default Bought a used Iphone 4 - won't sync to my iTunes account
    I am on the other side of that sale. By that I mean, I have purchased an iPhone 4 running OS 4.0.1 I want to sync it to my computer and replace original owner's aps and music and photos with mine. After initial sync, it now has my contacts and the photos that I had taken with my previous iPhone 3G, but won't sync with aps, music and photos as I've set up in my iTunes. What can I do to get the "other half" of the sync to work, preferable without having to re-jailbreak or re-unlock my new phone?