Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreakme.com officially down

Banned
    Thanks

Default jailbreakme.com officially down
    jailbreakme.com is DOWN. like down down... no page... so what now, how do i jailbreak.. ive tried redsnow and quikpwn but all say invalid ipsw file when selected however these are the right firmware files because these are the files i restore to.

any ideas?

for the jailbreak me if it dont work try JailbreakMe or tinyurl.com/36dsyz make sure safari search engine is set to google andkeep pressing refresh it'll work first u get a stupin warning page . 1:00 pm aug,17,2010 16g 3gs 4.0.1 mc boot room

p.s. if it dont work on 3g don't work cut off cell data in networks and use wifi

hope this helps you've been bigmiked

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mfrench21 For This Useful Post:

hellionhls (2010-08-17)

Quote Originally Posted by mfrench21 View Post
    for the jailbreak me if it dont work try JailbreakMe or tinyurl.com/36dsyz make sure safari search engine is set to google andkeep pressing refresh it'll work first u get a stupin warning page . 1:00 pm aug,17,2010 16g 3gs 4.0.1 mc boot room

p.s. if it dont work on 3g don't work cut off cell data in networks and use wifi

hope this helps you've been bigmiked
    unfortunately i can't get it to work this way. thanks anyways.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU JUST DON'T DESERVE TO JAILBREAK YOUR PHONES..

Another thread has already been made, JailbreakMe not working!

F.Y.I.
    I just checked and website is back up.

I also can confirm it 100% is working as just checked.
    Where did the word 'official' come from ?

Seriously no wonder devs want to leave

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    I also can confirm it 100% is working as just checked.
    Where did the word 'official' come from ?

Seriously no wonder devs want to leave
    Did it work for you? I'm running 4.0 and it didn't work. I was looking for a 4.0.1 ipsw file so I could restore my 3gs phone but have haven't had any luck

Thanks

there should be a link in the download section of this forum for a 3GS 4.0.1 ipsw

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    there should be a link in the download section of this forum for a 3GS 4.0.1 ipsw
    I keep getting connection reset or some freaking error. I'll keep trying I guess. Maybe it's my laptop.

Thanks

that's odd, the links from this forum redirect to apple for the download so it's possible there is a problem with apples servers at the moment, keep trying, also you can search google for "official 3GS 4.0.1 ipsw" or something close to that and try from a different site than here, worth a try I would imagine

I used it last night and it was fine. Connected via WiFi. Also if you havent done it, save the 4.0.1 ispw for future needs! I had to restore last night and I had everything I needed. Just followed directions and pointed to my saved 4.0.1 and I was good to go...

Quote Originally Posted by xgreedyx View Post
    Did it work for you? I'm running 4.0 and it didn't work. I was looking for a 4.0.1 ipsw file so I could restore my 3gs phone but have haven't had any luck
    I found them here: iOS 4.0.1 IPSW Download Sources - Get your latest iOS updates from Apple - Softpedia

J.

Why are people looking all over for the ipsw? Its in this very forum. Look up... Downloads->Firmware... save the version you need to your PC for future reference...