Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Back up of iPhone Failed!

Default Back up of iPhone Failed!
    I got a 2G iPhone on 3.1.2 and I followed the guide on here to back up the iphone and its not working. I saved the files on my desktop. My question is whether there is a way for me read the files on my desktop?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

What method did you use and what kind of back up are you referring to? Jailbreak back up? iTunes back up?

I used the guide on this site. I copied the folders for the contacts, photos, and calendar. Jailbreak back up. The reason why I was copying the files because my phone was acting up and I was going to restore it with pwnage but when I try to put the files back into the phone it doesn't work. I really just want to be able to read the folders I have copied onto my desktop

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Which guide...a link would help. That way I can diagnose what may have gone wrong if I can see what you were following.

Let me get this straight, you restored to 3.1.2 and am trying to copy files you backed up onto your phone, right? Are you replacing the files that were originally on the phone after restore? Or are you removing them first then moving the back up copies in? Are the copies named the way theyre supposed to? Like Calendar.app?

Did you restore from back up or set up as new after a fresh restore?
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-27 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost