Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What firmware is apple shipping on iPhones?

Default What firmware is apple shipping on iPhones?
    I just found some nasty pink coloring in my camera, and was thinking about calling up apple for a replacement. Of course, I'll need to be able to jailbreak and unlock it if I'm to proceed.

Does anyone know what firmware apple's shipping on current 3GS replacement units? Has anyone received one within the past few days?

Thanks!

If your getting a replacement they will most likely update it to 4.0.2 before you get it because theyll check that phone before they send it to you. You can only hope they're lazy and don't bother.

Bugger.

Then again, I guess i can just shelf this issue until newer jailbreaks are released further down the line, and request service at that point.

I just got back, literally, from Apple in Fresno,Ca. I got a new IP4 with 4.0.1 in it! I was told they do not open packages to install new FW.

He just inserted the SIM and gave me the phone and said "later dude". I was like "sweet". He will make sure it is activated and he said you are on your own from there! They are on a time limit at the genius bar. Go today!!

Thats great news. Unfortunately, I don't have an apple store within 200 miles of me (hellllooooo Montana), so over the phone service is the only option. Sounds a bit risky though.

Quote Originally Posted by klonaton View Post
    Thats great news. Unfortunately, I don't have an apple store within 200 miles of me (hellllooooo Montana), so over the phone service is the only option. Sounds a bit risky though.
    I would do it. I called Apple care online and they said there are some phones shipping with the 4.0.2 software "depending on their manufacture date". With the 3GS I would bet they have a surplus of them and you will probably get it with 4.0.

Just a hunch.

Apple Genius told me they will not open a package and update phones unless they are packaged already.