Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Desperate Help!

Unhappy Need Desperate Help!
    I jailbreaked my iPhone 3GS on 4.0.1 using Comex's jailbreakme a few weeks ago.

Things went well, but I realised my battery started to drain at a faster rate as compared to when it was still unjailbroken.

I wanted to use SSH to access files, and for security I used the RockApp to change my SSH password.

However, the next day, I couldn't log in with my custom password, and I couldn't log in with alpine either.

Today I restored my iPhone and updated to version 4.0.2, restoring back from my previous backup before it was jailbroken.

After my iPhone was activated, it got infected the with the iKee virus [Rick Astley Rick Roll Wallpaper]

I am very afraid now, I have no idea what to do.

I am afraid that my SSH is still vulnerable, and I do not want to jailbreak it again just to change my SSH password [because it will mean I have to downgrade to 4.0.1]

Is there an alternative to "clean" my iPhone and ensure that the iKee worm will not further attack my phone, and so that my phone will not receive further attacks?

I did a full restore [to a new iPhone] and my messages and photos are all gone, and my wallpaper is no longer hacked, but I do not have access to my backed up messages anymore.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks

You can do another restore, and restore from backup. Save your pics and messages to your computer. Then restore one more time, set up as a new phone then sync the pics and messages back to your phone from your computer.
    You can rejailbreak with out worry. If you don't install openssh you won't be in danger of getting rickrolled again .

Okay, so now I saved my pics, but I don't know how to save my messages, calender dates and appointments and game save data, and how to sync it back to my phone when I new restore it?

And one more thing. I cannot jailbreak any more because I've updated to 4.0.2.
    Is there a way to downgrade to 4.0.1?
    Last edited by forwardlove; 2010-08-17 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks

All your calendar things just check the box under the info tab to sync calendar events. Texts and game saves you have to ssh into the phone and manually pull them out. For the texts you go to var/mobile/library/SMS/SMS.db
    The game saves go to var/mobile/applications.

Yes you can downgrade to 4.0.1, apple is still signing it. Download a 4.0.1 and hold shift while clicking restore in iTunes. The select the fw you downloaded.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-08-17 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost