Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.0.1 Jailbreakme future upgrade sn0wbreeze

Default 4.0.1 Jailbreakme future upgrade sn0wbreeze
    I wonder if anyone could guess whether the forthcoming new release of sn0wbreeze is likely to work on 3GS old bootrom iphones jailbroken previously with jailbreakme?

I know it's not possible now, but I wondered if like spir1t it wouldn't work with custom firmware when it is released?

Thanks

jailbreakme will not allow the use of custom firmwares, unless someone puts out something like spirit2pwn for it like they did with spirit then no sn0wbreeze custom firmwares will not work

We need JBme2pwn!

Thanks
    you might be able to flash your NOR on your own which would then allow you to use custom ipsw's and change boot logo's etc....

Warning people with jailbreakme stay away from sn0wbreeze because spirit2pwn fucks up iphone and needs a restore!

I Knew this was coming, the guides say it will work but ih8sn0w.com doesn't mention it. There are going to be a lot of unhappy people...

i bombared his twitter lol twitter.com/iH8sn0w

terrible idea to include jailbreakme there.. people are gonna go ape **** (whoever didn't save shsh blobs to restore to 4.0.1) I'm saying this because i tried spirit2pwn and my iphone 3gs old boot jailbroken with jailbreakme and 4.0.1 went mental

any news on this?
    Last edited by apollo_1444; 2010-09-23 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Well Snowbreeze did say that Jailbreakme.com is not compatible with Snowbreeze 2.0 but Spirit jailbreak is supposed to be compatible with it.

any updates on this?

If I where you I would just wait for a better jailbreak thats supposed to come out soon for all devices at 4.1